.375 Ruger Velocity 20" vs 23"

270gr Interlock with 80gr RL16
African- 2709 fps
Alaskan- 2644 fps

300gr RN Interlock with 79gr RL17
African- 2647 fps
Alaskan- 2577 fps

My personal Pet load with the 300gr VRG-3 and 77.1gr of RL17, using Fed 215M primers averaged 2594 fps with an ES of 2!
Thanks for your time and write up on this.
I have both the earliest versions of the Alaskan and African in 375 Ruger.
The Alaskan, I have hunted with quite a bit, killed a couple of moose with it.
The African, I have only fired 3 shots in it. Just to compare fired brass to another rifle that I had re-barrel’d to 375 Ruger.
One of these days, I will get around to making the time chronographing my loads. The 270 grain TSX have grouped excellent to outstanding in 3 rifles that I have loaded it in.

Thanks for your time and write up on this.
I have both the earliest versions of the Alaskan and African in 375 Ruger.
The Alaskan, I have hunted with quite a bit, killed a couple of moose with it.
The African, I have only fired 3 shots in it. Just to compare fired brass to another rifle that I had re-barrel’d to 375 Ruger.
One of these days, I will get around to making the time chronographing my loads. The 270 grain TSX have grouped excellent to outstanding in 3 rifles that I have loaded it in.
I have still not ran my original 270 gr TSX load over the chronograph.

I did run my new load via LabRadar a few weeks ago.
A Barnes online maximum load of H380, with the COAL extended to 3.350" using the 270 grain LRX bullet. Through my 20" factory barrel, the 5 shot average was 2723 fps.

A 270 grain monolithic with a bc of above .440 at 2700 fps is plenty good for me. I like the handling characteristics of the 20" barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross