.375 close range polar bear bullet?

Great stuff Velo.

I do have a question for all the 375 guys out their, every time people talk about bullets for buffalo no one ever mentions the Nosler Partition. I know that many of today's modern bullets are better than the Partition (including the DGX) but countless DG animals have fallen to the partition and many more will. Why no love for the NP?

I know you addressed this Velo, but I would never put the DGX over the Partition. I personally think very highly of the Nosler Partition. It performs exactly as it was designed to do so many years ago. For larger game where deep penetration with a wide wound channel, I do prefer bullets like the North Fork Bonded Core and A-Frame. The A-Frame is essentially a bonded Nosler Partition and with it's high weight retention and maintaining it's mushroom, you get that deeper penetration with the big wound channel.

Still, much respect for Mr. Nosler's leap forward in bullet technology.

Another point worth making... The Ruger Guide Gun is a fantastic and tough, quick handling rifle. However some of the machining can be a little rough. Be sure you cycle lots of ammo through the action to be sure it feeds and does not jamb. They can have some sharp edges left on them, especially the feed lips. Some may need to be sent back, which Ruger is great about, but most will smooth out with use. The bolt will also smooth out so just running rounds though will do a lot for the gun. But you ought to fire off at least a couple hundred rounds to train yourself as well. Hornady ammo will work great for that;)

I'll bear that in mind. I'll make some dummy loads and keep cycling them through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg