.303 Westley Richards Falling Block

PaulB

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
284
Reaction score
1,793
Media
38
Hunting reports
Africa
2
This .303 Westley Richards falling block rifle, built in 1910, is a take-down model with an interrupted thread. The action is notably strong and exceptionally smooth, complemented by full-coverage engraving and a full-length rib. The engraver masterfully incorporated a variety of styles, giving the rifle a depth and character that is difficult to fully capture in photographs. Complete with its original case, it stands as a scarce and refined example of a classic British sporting arm.



IMG_7172.png
IMG_7215.jpeg
IMG_7213.jpeg
 
Beautiful rifle for sure . Hopefully there will be more special Single Shots from your collection pictured here soon. The 303 is my favorite small bore caliber .
I have a few. I’ll try to get some better pics taken
 
You sure have some nice "stuff"....if you ever decide to use that old girl on a hunt..I think I know a place where it would be looked at as much as you hunted with it... ;) :E Big Grin::D Beers:
I’m open to suggestions. I’m contemplating taking her to Tanzania in July as my plainsgame gun. But mostly focused on my May elephant hunt in Botswana currently. The question is which double for elephant!
 
I’m open to suggestions. I’m contemplating taking her to Tanzania in July as my plainsgame gun. But mostly focused on my May elephant hunt in Botswana currently. The question is which double for elephant!
I vote that 1919 Jeffery 450/400 you have! Feel like you could pump some shot out rapidly with her if needed. And still easy to lug around all day.

I hope you bless us with hunt reports. Your witting and photography is always easy to enjoy and so well done.

Cheers
 
I vote that 1919 Jeffery 450/400 you have! Feel like you could pump some shot out rapidly with her if needed. And still easy to lug around all day.

I hope you bless us with hunt reports. Your witting and photography is always easy to enjoy and so well done.

Cheers
Dchum
First, thank you for the encouragement!

I’m always a little hesitant to post hunting pics due to the nature of my business. But since you asked, I will oblige. But fair warning, I’ve got two Botswana trips, a Tanzania trip, and a SA trip this summer. You might get tired of reports!

I’m using the 450/400 on Buffalo in Tanzania. But on my May elephant hunt, I’m taking a pre war Rigby Rising Bite 500 NE.
 
Dchum
First, thank you for the encouragement!

I’m always a little hesitant to post hunting pics due to the nature of my business. But since you asked, I will oblige. But fair warning, I’ve got two Botswana trips, a Tanzania trip, and a SA trip this summer. You might get tired of reports!

I’m using the 450/400 on Buffalo in Tanzania. But on my May elephant hunt, I’m taking a pre war Rigby Rising Bite 500 NE.
I think we can handle it :sneaky:

Safe hunting and shoot straight. Good luck and I really look forward to any sort of reports.
 
I’m open to suggestions. I’m contemplating taking her to Tanzania in July as my plainsgame gun. But mostly focused on my May elephant hunt in Botswana currently. The question is which double for elephant!
Well a nice zambian species hunt here with others that caughtyour fancy..sable, kafue lechwe, Chobe bushbuck, puku and whatever else...and with your selection it will be hard to choose for your ele hunt :E Hmmm::E Head Scratch::D Beers:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,277
Messages
1,570,361
Members
168,877
Latest member
AidaDicks5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top