.224 viability as more than just a vermin cartridge

They have made the bullets but most rifles have to slow of a twist to stabilize. Easier to buy a 243 than rebarrel to a faster twist.

Funnily enough 22 centre fires are legal in Scotland for roe but not in England. Daft laws...
Actually, Finnish regulations don't mention bullet diameter. Just bullet weight, and energy at 100m. Going fron that, .223 is adequate.

If that’s the .224 Valkyrie you mean when when you say 224v then it doesn’t seem to have any advantage if it will disadvantage the accuracy.
Sounds like the .224v is trying to encroach on .243win territory with a case like that. If .243 is an option there may be more projectile options. There are other 6mm chambering options if you can go there too.
Actually, 224 Valkyrie was developed as a long distance cartridge that fits in the AR-15 platform.

Apparently, it usually works very well, as long as the barrel is suitable. More specifically, rifling twist must suit the bullet weight/length.

Actually, 224 Valkyrie was developed as a long distance cartridge that fits in the AR-15 platform.

Apparently, it usually works very well, as long as the barrel is suitable. More specifically, rifling twist must suit the bullet weight/length.

The problem is, it's not nearly as easy to find the twist, bullet, seat depth, and velocity combination that creates accuracy. People are buying 2, 3, 4 barrels trying to make it work and spending countless hours on load development. It's more of a challenge than actually practical. Theres just too many other calibers that just work well without all the trouble. As far as heavier bullets go (75grain and above)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross