2022 CBP in Atlanta

I didn’t make a copy or my filled out form. I’m that spot I wrote the length of my supressor. My ThunderBeast UL7 is 7”. My Energetic Armament LUX is 8.7”. Caliber would be 30. U can PM me and I’ll send u my cell number and I’ll help fill ya in when I’m home from work this evening.

Roy
ok yep I will do that.

Mostly concerned about the temporary export section 10-12. That state dept license no. is not something I am aware of

ok yep I will do that.

Mostly concerned about the temporary export section 10-12. That state dept license no. is not something I am aware of
where ever firearm is listed I lined that out and wrote in silencer as the Govt does not know what a suppressor is only silencer

where ever firearm is listed I lined that out and wrote in silencer as the Govt does not know what a suppressor is only silencer
is that "state dept license no." field something you put in N/A? or is there some coordination that has to happen with the state dept as well? ty

the state dept can issue a license but the fee is 2300.00 no way. also when I looked at the applications it was geared to companies not a person

Hyde Hunter and myself did this for our upcoming trip in April. Super easy and no worries now. Then again it was very simple at customs to add my supressor since it had a serial number to its own 4457.
Roy
I think this process sounds easier than I expected but the only thing I don't understand is box 10 "State Dept. License Number" or how to get that.

I think this process sounds easier than I expected but the only thing I don't understand is box 10 "State Dept. License Number" or how to get that.
Still waiting on my form back from the ATF. I left that spot blank and I believe others who have submitted this form have done the same

Box 10 is left blank.

It took 31 days from date I emailed mine till I got approved form back in mail.

Box 10 is left blank.

It took 31 days from date I emailed mine till I got approved form back in mail.
Ohh ok. Even better. Thanks for the response. Is that for commercial purposes then like mentioned above?

What did you put for reason? I guess "temporary export/import" is sufficient.

I left 10 blank. Received it back Denied with box 10 highlighted in yellow highlighter. Tried again. See what happens.

Roy

Ohh ok. Even better. Thanks for the response. Is that for commercial purposes then like mentioned above?

What did you put for reason? I guess "temporary export/import" is sufficient.

Box 6. Reason.
I put "temporary export hunting in South Africa.

Box 8. I used the address of the property lodge is located.

Box 9
Mode transportation

Put airline using and locked in gun case

Thanks for putting up this link. The word “INTERSTATE” caught my eye. I would interpret that to mean one would need this form to travel with one’s suppressor across state lines. (Arkansas to Texas) Since all of ya’ll are much smarter than me and I am receiving my first suppressor in a couple of days, it would be nice to hear ya’lls interpretation.

Thanks for putting up this link. The word “INTERSTATE” caught my eye. I would interpret that to mean one would need this form to travel with one’s suppressor across state lines. (Arkansas to Texas) Since all of ya’ll are much smarter than me and I am receiving my first suppressor in a couple of days, it would be nice to hear ya’lls interpretation.
What got my eye is the form list all forms of NFA items except "silencers". Given I know it's not needed to actually take to other states anyway

Last edited:
All this has my head spinning and makes me glad I don't take a suppressor out of the country....

All this has my head spinning and makes me glad I don't take a suppressor out of the country....
if it was not for the morons at the ATF and State Dept this would be so simple. you own it legally per ATF and are going to So Africa a country that sells them over the counter is a no issue thing, just our country has to be the cops of the world

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.