1st trip to SA booked!

Gully

Reaction score
Member of
OFAH, SCI and SCI Canada
Hunted
Canada, USA, Eastern Cape South Africa
Hello to all the AH members!

I came across this site as I have been preparing for my first trip to SA.
You have a wealth of information here and I look forward in gaining more knowledge from these forums.
I am heading to the Eastern Cape in September this year with my father for a 10-day plains game hunt....I cannot wait!!

Gully

welcome to AH

you will have a great time ...

who are you going with

Enjoy the anticipation and waiting..its "almost" as fun as being there!

Take 2 cameras and 16 gig in memory cards..you'll be glad you did. I may have looked like a Chinaman in NYC..but I'm glad I did..I've looked at them everyday since we've been back!

Thanks James...I am going with Hotfire Hunting Safaris - Hotfire Hunting & Fishing Safaris - met the owners a couple years ago and have gotten some great personal referrals of their operation.

Thanks for the camera tips! Ive got the DSLRs ready to go and hopefully I'll have some great pics to post after the safaris.

Welcome to AH Gully.

First trip, how wonderful. Enjoy every minute and write in your journal every evening so you don't forget anything. You will look back in it.

Don't forget travelers insurance, it's well worth it. Give us a report and picutres when you get back.

Hey Gully,
Exciting planning the first trip isn't it?
Make sure and visit the shot placement guide.
I even printed them out in full color so I can take them along to review anytime.

Welcome to AH Gully! Enjoy every moment of it!

Another one bites the dust. :)
Welcome to AH.
Have fun waiting and planning.

Nothing better than leaving for your first Safari, I am jealous. Have a great trip and enjoy every second of it.

Just remember my tag line-
IF YOU GO ONCE-YOU WILL RETURN-DEAL WITH IT
Lots of good info here on this forum. You will be here every day until you leave even if it's just for easy reading.
Search my most recent Namibia post and then look for what some of the other "veterans" here have to say. You'll learn lots as I did when I started. Take the entire experience in and not just the shooting.
Again as many have said, WELCOME, to the best forum on the internet.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome To AH! This forum is a wealth of information.

Welcome to AH! Enjoy the up coming wait! You will be on the dark continent before you know it!

Welcome to the forum Gully, looking forward to your hunting report and pictures !

Welcome Gully! Enjoy your trip and shoot straight!

Hello to all the AH members!

I came across this site as I have been preparing for my first trip to SA.
You have a wealth of information here and I look forward in gaining more knowledge from these forums.
I am heading to the Eastern Cape in September this year with my father for a 10-day plains game hunt....I cannot wait!!
Dear Gully
...enjoy the planning process of your scheduled safari - it is a huge part of the safari...
The magic of Africa will entice you to visit and then draw you back time and time again.

Welcome to AH Gully! You'll love the East Cape headed back there myself in 15 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross