ZIMBABWE: PH Scott Bailey???

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Gentlemen, My son and I will be hunting in August, with Martin Pieters Safaris, in Zimbabwe. Mart emailed us and said that our ph would be Scott Bailey. Has anyone on the forum hunted with Scott? Just trying to glean some info on him, if I can. Thanks!

Mad Dog

Mad Dog
A first place to check...

Zimbabwean Licensed Professional Hunters

current as at the beginning of June 2004

Please find below a full listing of fully licensed Professional Hunters in Zimbabwe current at the date of posting.

This is a very useful reference for anyone wanting to hunt in Zimbabwe.

With recent happenings and some clients booking safaris with "PHs" whom are or were not properly licenced in Zimbabwe, this listing may provide useful to ensure the PH you will be using is legally able to take you out on safari.

Note this listing does not include "learner" PHs, guides or those with restricted licences.

The columns are: last name; first name; year when they gained their licence; and PH number. In alphabetical order.

Name, First Name, date, number
Adams, Derek , 1994, 4
Adams, Dean, 1996, 5
Alexander, Steve A., 1987, 6
Alexander, Tamalge G., 1987, 8
Angelous, Angelo , 1991, 9
Atkinson, Andrew J.B. (Titch), 1989, 16
Attwell, Steven. , 1983, 12
Audin, Sebastian , 1991, 17
Bailey, Scott , 2000, 15
Baker, P.N , 1990, 24
Balance, Toreq C. , 1986, 13
Baldwin, Garr R. , 1981, 14
Baleni, Wilfred , 1996, 23

I only grabbed the top few listing of PH's

Maddog,
Just the fact that you are hunting with a top outfitter like Martin should put you at ease already. I highly doubt that a top establishment like him would use the services of incompetent guides. You will have a great time.Trust me.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Marius, on the positive side it is just nice to know the idiosyncracies of your PH if you can find out beforehand. My Kayak guide just happened to like a particular brand of Scotch. I found out before the trip and we were able to share a few around the campfire at night. Also, if he is crazy helps sometimes too. Maybe there is no doubt, just curiosity.

Mad Dog,
I hunted with Scott in 2007. My wife and I spent 14 days with Scott while hunting buffalo in Charisa and plains game southeast of Bulawayo at Imbezi and also west of Bulawayo at Mashland. Scott was the most knowledgable and competent Proffesional Hunter I have ever had the pleasure to hunt with. Your a lucky guy to have Scott as your PH. Please tell him Wes & Sandy said Hi! Be sure and let everyone here know how your hunt went upon your return. Good luck!

Welcome to AH ... you slipped in under the radar...good post...may you have many more...

Mad Dog,
I hunted with Scott in 2007. My wife and I spent 14 days with Scott while hunting buffalo in Charisa and plains game southeast of Bulawayo at Imbezi and also west of Bulawayo at Mashland. Scott was the most knowledgable and competent Proffesional Hunter I have ever had the pleasure to hunt with. Your a lucky guy to have Scott as your PH. Please tell him Wes & Sandy said Hi! Be sure and let everyone here know how your hunt went upon your return. Good luck!

Thanks James......I plan on it!

Well, my son and I got back from the Omay, about 2 weeks ago. We hunted with Scott, and had a fabulous hunt. I'd hunt with the man, anytime. I'd also add that his cohort, Mike Blignaut was an absolute hoot to be with. He is a camp manager for Martin, but covered as a cameraman for our hunt. Those two fellows absolutely made the trip for my son and I.

Mad Dog

Looking forward to hear and see more of your hunt with your son Mad Dog.

Hey Mad Dog,
How about a hunt report and pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg