ZIMBABWE: Nyamazana Safaris Leopard Hunt

My daughter and son in law were just back there in WI for a drifting event, he drives. It was early June I think. They said it was quite warm.

I forgot to mention we ate the leopard. I thought leopard steaks were delicious. We also ate some Cape buffalo, impala, zebra and wildebeest.

Don't hear that every day. Taste like chicken?:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

Awesome tom! Congratulations!

Congratulations on your Leopard. What's next?

Congratulations on your Leopard. What's next?

I’m not a 100% sure yet. I would like to get a Cape buffalo. There are a few of the tiny ten to get yet. I want to get a serval.

I still love kudu and bushbuck hunting, to me that is what I really love to pursue, it reminding me of whitetail hunting!

I forgot to mention we ate the leopard. I thought leopard steaks were delicious..
Nice! I’d love to eat a leopard backstrap! I’ve had bobcat and it was excellent!
Congratulations again and thanks for sharing your great success with us! Oh am I envious!

I enjoyed reading your story, you were rewarded with a nice cat. I don't know though about leopard steaks.

Day 12
I went out to pond that was seeing a lot of action. We made a blind in the reeds. We had the wind in our favor. We were waiting for on last impala. There were a lot of birds flying overhead. Cattle coming in to drink water. As the day got hotter, we spotted a male impala coming in to drink. I got into position and shot him through both lungs as he came into drink. We wrapped up the hunt with lunch at camp.

We cut the hunt short and went back to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. I let the guys spend time with their family before the next hunt. Wayne is usually dropping off one hunter and picking the next hunter up for the next hunt. I had a very successful hunt. I could catch up on some of things I missed while I was gone by being in the city. I have a super heavy load of work lined up for me when I get back. I really want to hit the ground running full speed.

Nyamazana Safaris offered me an excellent hunt to fulfill my dream of getting a leopard. Wayne and his staff are ready to fulfill anyone’s dream of hunting in Zimbabwe.

The hunter before me shot a leopard that scored 17 1/8. They measure the width and length of the skull on the leopard and add it up. Mine measured 17. I’m not even into the numbers game or record book but those are big skulls from mature leopards. Every hunter there this year was a first time leopard hunter and we were all successful, that speaks to the quality of the operation Wayne runs in Zimbabwe.
Unreal!

Super Congrats on a wonderful hunt and trophy. One of the finest pictures in my mind is you and your Tom next to the fire. Spectacular hunt, again congrats. I look forward to hunting with Wayne next year.
Ed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg