ZIMBABWE: No Corn For Non Trophy Elephant

Congratulations, I’ve shot two animals in their beds in Africa. It definitely changes how their vitals sit and where you aim a little. I find you need to focus where you want the round to exit, and account for the close distance

Thats a really cool experience

Congratulations on a wonderful elephant and a great story.

I will have to check with them to see if they can put me on a massive sleeping buffalo. Last hunt was brutal and I’m not getting younger or in better orthopedic shape. :).

Seriously, cool story and hunt! A feat that will not be repeated.

Wow, what a great hunt! I love how Lucky's confidence played on you getting your elephant. Well done!

Question. Was the meat from the elephant distributed among the villages? Thank you!

Wow, what a great hunt! I love how Lucky's confidence played on you getting your elephant. Well done!

Question. Was the meat from the elephant distributed among the villages? Thank you!
they figured at least a 100 families received meat, the trackers and driver all had hangovers from a day of butchering and partying, if you ever get a chance try the heart it is unbelievably tasty

215B5F5F-FFBC-46EC-94CD-43C305B2AD21.jpeg

Recovered 300gr Nosler Solid the spine stopped it, just a slight bend

I shot a sleeping Elephant! There must be a country song in there somewhere

Joking aside! Congratulations on a great hunt. Thanks for posting and taking us along

I shot a sleeping Elephant! There must be a country song in there somewhere

Joking aside! Congratulations on a great hunt. Thanks for posting and taking us along
when I get the lyrics wrote, I'll send you a copy

Any idea on the weight of the tusk?

they said 30lb, I thought with no scale they were closer to 35lb, why you wouldn't have a scale in camp I have no idea!

Congrats, nice bull :D Cheers:

they said 30lb, I thought with no scale they were closer to 35lb, why you wouldn't have a scale in camp I have no idea!
Bashaw: maybe “no scale” in Camp for the same reason they often have No Scales in Bear Camp - detracts from the “estimated weight”….and that’s really too bad because Who cares what they weigh? They are the same size, hunt was the same great stalk, good shots made, memories will last a Lifetime——reagardless of what the tusks weigh. I’ve seen Bear Hunters lose some joy after their Bear was scaled and suddenly the “estimated” 300 lb bear was only 225…..same with putting a tape on a nice Whitetail rack and seeing the 160” Buck score out at 145” —— same FINE Buck but now the Hunter is disappointed. You have a Great trophy and Better Story…Congratulations !!

Bashaw: maybe “no scale” in Camp for the same reason they often have No Scales in Bear Camp - detracts from the “estimated weight”….and that’s really too bad because Who cares what they weigh? They are the same size, hunt was the same great stalk, good shots made, memories will last a Lifetime——reagardless of what the tusks weigh. I’ve seen Bear Hunters lose some joy after their Bear was scaled and suddenly the “estimated” 300 lb bear was only 225…..same with putting a tape on a nice Whitetail rack and seeing the 160” Buck score out at 145” —— same FINE Buck but now the Hunter is disappointed. You have a Great trophy and Better Story…Congratulations !!
you're exactly right, my Salmon guide always says it's whatever size you want it to be, and I'm extremely happy with my Tusks no matter what they weigh.

Also one time I had a 500lb Black Bear charge me, after I killed him I could only find a 125lb Bear LOL

Also one time I had a 500lb Black Bear charge me, after I killed him I could only find a 125lb Bear LOL
@bashaw - that’s Great ! A few years ago I hunted in Maine with 4 friends and each of us was placed in a ladder stand over a bait. The 1st evening one friend kills his bear, guide brings bear into camp that night in back of his truck. When we all see the size we start laughing — it’s under 100lbs. Guide tells us that the bear was shot dead right at the bait-bucket…head in the bucket. He said our friend never climbed down from his tree stand until the Guide walked in to get him. When they both walked up to the dead bear Guide claimed our friend said “that’s Not the bear I shot”….Guide said “Well, it’s the only bear here, it’s dead, head in the bucket, and wasn’t here when I dropped you off earlier??” Our friend continued to deny he shot the bear saying “mine was Bigger” but he finally accepted that it WAS the Bear he shot

Last edited:
A friend of mine shot a Bear one time and he wouldn't talk about it, he left the garage for a minute I opened up the freezer peaked in a garbage sack with head and hide in it, when he walked back in garage I asked him why he had a Rotweiller in the Freezer

A friend of mine shot a Bear one time and he wouldn't talk about it, he left the garage for a minute I opened up the freezer peaked in a garbage sack with head and hide in it, when he walked back in garage I asked him why he had a Rotweiller in the Freezer
It was a small Bear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PreciousBa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?