ZIMBABWE: Leopard Charge My Nightmare In Zimbabwe

Philip will be riding on the plane home like this

53D489AA-59F6-4527-A2FB-FB89999E5E43-22107-000011E5425F6BC2.jpeg

Hope you get an upgrade to accommodate those brass balls!

I would think that Scott would qualify at least for DSC Frontline. I asked them what the rules were after another recent incidence and they are as follows:

1. Injury or death occurs in the course of providing profession hunting services or anti-poaching services
  2. Injured or deceased was a member of his/her country's professional hunting association or employed by a member at the time of injury/death
Number one is obvious, so as long as number two is covered....
I was just wondering what happens financially in an instance like this. I doubt PH'S have a health plan but they have families and I assume must have some kind of health insurance. Or is Healthcare in Africa subsidized by the state?

glad things wernt worse than they were.glad you got your cat as im sure the p.h. is.hoping he will be as good as new soon.

I was just wondering what happens financially in an instance like this. I doubt PH'S have a health plan but they have families and I assume must have some kind of health insurance. Or is Healthcare in Africa subsidized by the state?

Who would insure a PH? No one I know of.

Who would insure a PH? No one I know of.

So I had this conversation with my PH in Zim in 2014 and this is how I recall it, but note that the conversation was indeed quite a while back.

To my recollection, there was no "normal" health insurance as we know it. If you got sick and had to go to the doctor then you paid cash, period.

The PH did have some type of catastrophic event type insurance from offshore somewhere, not Zim, kinda a Global Rescue type deal. It was designed for something exactly like a mauling/goring/ stomping... I think it covered up to $1M.

@Philip Glass may unfortunately now know more about this and have much more up to date information than I've provided...

Phillip , Phillip , Phillip !!!!!
Why can't you go on boring old hunts in Africa like the rest of us do ?
But then again that would be to boring !
Have you stopped waking up in cold sweets yet ?
Glad your all still alive and kicking .
Hope your ph heals quickly
Cheers Dory

@Philip Glass may unfortunately now know more about this and have much more up to date information than I've provided...

I think there will be some fundraising efforts being made in short order.

Maybe them biggo balls will get their own first class seat on the way home!!!! :LOL:

No insurance is any kind period. Unfortunately.

Phillip you certainly have exciting trips. Glad to hear everyone survived.
Let us know how we can help Scott. I am sure there are several that would join in.
JTT

Thought about the hunt report and next time you decide to go trying to scratch a big cat behind the ears with your rifle barrel, I will let you borrow a double for a couple weeks. One of these days Mr Spots is on my wish list.

Congratulations on getting Mr. Spots in the salt!

R.

Philip..first off congrats on finally getting Mr Spots! Wished it would have been in a more traditional manner! Lol! If your still around Scott please tell him Wes and Sandy are saying prayers for his speedy recovery. I was fortunate to have Scott as my PH on a Zim safari in 2007. Best PH I have ever hunted with. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Scott did what he did. He is a true professional. By the way, kudu's to you also for keeping a level head when things went South. Very admirable!

Congrats sir, and glad to hear the PH is recovering so far so good. Continued prayers for him

Philip..first off congrats on finally getting Mr Spots! Wished it would have been in a more traditional manner! Lol! If your still around Scott please tell him Wes and Sandy are saying prayers for his speedy recovery. I was fortunate to have Scott as my PH on a Zim safari in 2007. Best PH I have ever hunted with. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Scott did what he did. He is a true professional. By the way, kudu's to you also for keeping a level head when things went South. Very admirable!
Buff Buster
Thanks and I'll pass along your sentiments and prayers to Scott. Yes he is the best in many ways and I will certainly hunt with him again in the near future. He is a great storyteller and that is great on long safaris!
Philip

Scott is out of the hospital and resting at home!
I will let y'all know about any fundraising efforts on his behalf.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatrinaLen

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,