ZIMBABWE: Elephant/Buffalo With NYAMAZANA SAFARIS

LP67

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Wayne vd Bergh and the team @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS exceeded all expectations for me and my wife's hunt. I have been in the guiding industry for over 25 years myself and will pick up on BS and run arounds quick. Wayne is as honest and straight as they come and that is huge in my book. Trusting and believing in the calls he made played a huge part in the enjoyment of the hunt. My wife took her double for the first time and he was very accommodating in setting shots up that she was comfortable with. In my wife's words:"I have found my hunting spot... right here with Wayne" The rains came early and thru a spanner in the works, but being the seasoned hunter he is , he made plans and we pushed hard and got all we came for. The trackers and staff always had a smile, even though this was towards the end of season, they had a long and busy season, from what I hear 6 for 6 on leopard, impressive!

IMG_7518.jpeg
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_7699.jpeg
IMG_7525.jpeg
IMG_7619.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Glad you and your wife had a great hunt with Wayne.

Sam and Cowboy are definitely top notch.

Congratulations all around. Thanks for posting

Awesome hunt- congrats

Very nice what Calibre double is it that your wife used?

Congratz on yours and your wife's hunt!!! nice buff and really like the elephant. One of my doubles is a chapuis 9.3x74 and is my favorite rifle in the safe with the 500/416 Krieghoff being a close second. Nothing like getting close with a double. What round did she use on the buff? and what did you use on the ele?

Well played!

Sounds like a great trip. Where were those buff?
Congratz on yours and your wife's hunt!!! nice buff and really like the elephant. One of my doubles is a chapuis 9.3x74 and is my favorite rifle in the safe with the 500/416 Krieghoff being a close second. Nothing like getting close with a double. What round did she use on the buff? and what did you use on the ele?
Used swift A frame and swift solid in the 9.3 and the Nosler solid in 470. Very happy with the performance all round

IMG_3387.jpeg
IMG_3389.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some absolutely beautiful wood on those rifles. Congratulations on what looks like a fine hunt.

Looks like you had more than a few to choose from. Most of us will never see that many Buff in a day, much less in one picture frame.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us , we look forward to your next adventure . A good part of success is staying positive being patient and having a great attitude everything else falls into place .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiHeber

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.