Zebra rug question

that damask look is great.

I haven't done a headless one in a while it was last year , juts Not lately have to look, Have a wildebeest finishing today that is headless will post same as zebra no head juts rounded juts behind the ears.

Not sure what I think about the head in rug...I prefer the flat skin. But if that's what Mama wants, that's what she should get! A possible solution to the cumbersome head on the floor would be what I did with my bear rug. Built this stand for it, so it's not flat on the floor and also not taking up an entire wall.
081.JPG

082.JPG

Not sure what I think about the head in rug...I prefer the flat skin. But if that's what Mama wants, that's what she should get! A possible solution to the cumbersome head on the floor would be what I did with my bear rug. Built this stand for it, so it's not flat on the floor and also not taking up an entire wall.
View attachment 227972

View attachment 227973
I see a future business in building saddle stands.;)

View attachment 227972

View attachment 227973

That's an idea that I didn't think about..

I see a future business in building saddle stands.;)
I had a lot of help from a friend who actually knew what he was doing! Lol.

@The Artistry of Wildlife thanks for the pictures and heads up about the felt and glue vs stitching. I went with the rounded one like your picture with a felt back and leather trim and asked the taxidermist if he could/would stitch it vs glue and he said yes. So thanks everyone!

The damaske looks great, I will be getting one from Dennis as soon as my stuff gets back to the States!

Used to do lots of the half head zebra in rugs in the 70's and 80's. Most went to flat with a nice rounded shape to the face, Pic Below is what my rug head shape is. Most African companies still to the old style flat with the bottom lips winged out. Pic below HATE IT ! Haven't done a 1/2 head rug in 20 years, just not looked at by clients as feasible on the floor. Insurance man's trip nightmare for anyone in your home. That head is heavy and won't move when your toe and foot gets in a fight with it. Have dropped my Zebra rug business in about 1/2 used to do 30-50 a year now it's 1/2 get rugged , 1/2 get My Zebra Damaske. Three Damaske's in shop in process on wall and 4 zebra rugs in process. PS don't get your zebra rug Felted it's a nightmare to clean it picked up every microscopic piece of lint, dirt and hair, Get it leather backed in brown or black as we do ....it stays VERY CLEAN.
th%202_zpsqcxjtixr.jpg

Look at the frayed felt crappy edges and dirt and crap on this felted one.....The egads just get worse every year in felt and most are just hot glued on not sewn if they come from africa.
9440_1345946521_3_zpscidm233k.jpg

28617164_1807009862707719_7409022078929473397_o_zpsndlfbdem.jpg
Spend the money On option in Pic 3 would be nice.
Grab a flat skin at the airport.

Hmmm, not a fan of the 3-D head, it looks far more classic and classy as a flat rug. By the way, make sure they do a full felt backing, some scrimp and just put an edging around which soon comes adrift.

You did say it was your "first safari' . Go flat skin including head and next time have a pedestal shoulder mount done.

Slips, trips, and falls are the leading cause of accidents (OSHA). 'Have a similar bear rug (with claws, too!!!) 'Wound up pointing the head into a corner where no one steps on, or trips over it! The claws are a wildcard....lol Hung up sounds nice. That pic looks like a baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg