Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
nra life member
Hunted
south africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambque, australia, New Zealand AK, VA, TN, NM, CO KS, SD, MT (USA)
that damask look is great.

harden

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Asia/M.East
I haven't done a headless one in a while it was last year , juts Not lately have to look, Have a wildebeest finishing today that is headless will post same as zebra no head juts rounded juts behind the ears.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
Not sure what I think about the head in rug...I prefer the flat skin. But if that's what Mama wants, that's what she should get! A possible solution to the cumbersome head on the floor would be what I did with my bear rug. Built this stand for it, so it's not flat on the floor and also not taking up an entire wall.
081.JPG

082.JPG

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Not sure what I think about the head in rug...I prefer the flat skin. But if that's what Mama wants, that's what she should get! A possible solution to the cumbersome head on the floor would be what I did with my bear rug. Built this stand for it, so it's not flat on the floor and also not taking up an entire wall.
View attachment 227972

View attachment 227973
I see a future business in building saddle stands.;)

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
View attachment 227972

View attachment 227973

That's an idea that I didn't think about..

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I see a future business in building saddle stands.;)
I had a lot of help from a friend who actually knew what he was doing! Lol.

huntinlabs

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
@The Artistry of Wildlife thanks for the pictures and heads up about the felt and glue vs stitching. I went with the rounded one like your picture with a felt back and leather trim and asked the taxidermist if he could/would stitch it vs glue and he said yes. So thanks everyone!

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
The damaske looks great, I will be getting one from Dennis as soon as my stuff gets back to the States!

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Used to do lots of the half head zebra in rugs in the 70's and 80's. Most went to flat with a nice rounded shape to the face, Pic Below is what my rug head shape is. Most African companies still to the old style flat with the bottom lips winged out. Pic below HATE IT ! Haven't done a 1/2 head rug in 20 years, just not looked at by clients as feasible on the floor. Insurance man's trip nightmare for anyone in your home. That head is heavy and won't move when your toe and foot gets in a fight with it. Have dropped my Zebra rug business in about 1/2 used to do 30-50 a year now it's 1/2 get rugged , 1/2 get My Zebra Damaske. Three Damaske's in shop in process on wall and 4 zebra rugs in process. PS don't get your zebra rug Felted it's a nightmare to clean it picked up every microscopic piece of lint, dirt and hair, Get it leather backed in brown or black as we do ....it stays VERY CLEAN.

Look at the frayed felt crappy edges and dirt and crap on this felted one.....The egads just get worse every year in felt and most are just hot glued on not sewn if they come from africa.

Spend the money On option in Pic 3 would be nice.
Grab a flat skin at the airport.

Kevin Peacocke

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Hmmm, not a fan of the 3-D head, it looks far more classic and classy as a flat rug. By the way, make sure they do a full felt backing, some scrimp and just put an edging around which soon comes adrift.

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
You did say it was your "first safari' . Go flat skin including head and next time have a pedestal shoulder mount done.

C.W. Richter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Slips, trips, and falls are the leading cause of accidents (OSHA). 'Have a similar bear rug (with claws, too!!!) 'Wound up pointing the head into a corner where no one steps on, or trips over it! The claws are a wildcard....lol Hung up sounds nice. That pic looks like a baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZinFlore

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...