ZAMBIA: Ntengu Safaris Hunt Report

I really think people underrate roan as a trophy against sable. Your huge sable definitely falls into a different category, but given roan as a trophy or sable as a trophy I think roan are more impressive and a much more difficult hunt. They can be deceiving in photos because of large skulls and bigger bodies. This one is a great trophy.
I would agree that roan are usually a tougher hunt and beautiful but I think that a big black sable bull is the second most beautiful antelope in all of Africa, with bongo being the most beautiful.

Scott,
I just moved to AZ but I have over 20 pts on Elk,sheep and goat in Colorado. I want to have a plan if I ever draw.

Scott,
I just moved to AZ but I have over 20 pts on Elk,sheep and goat in Colorado. I want to have a plan if I ever draw.
Why post that here? Make a separate thread

Scott,
Will send you a PM

Fantastic hunting report Scott. Congratulations on some really great animals.

Fantastic report. Making me even more excited for my visit to Takeri next year
You will have a great hunt with Mike at Takeri! I tried to add some days to my trip on the front side to go to Takeri with my wife and a woman friend that wanted to go along but the dates didn’t work out for the gals.

Thank you for your account of an amazing hunt. All wonderful trophies, but the sable and puku were jaw dropping.
Being able to share this with your parents was special.
Zambia may have just made my bucket list.

Thank you for your account of an amazing hunt. All wonderful trophies, but the sable and puku were jaw dropping.
Being able to share this with your parents was special.
Zambia may have just made my bucket list.
Thanks a bunch! Let me know if you decide to look into it. I highly recommend it.

Excellent report and trophies. I have been trying to get to Zambia. Hopefully next year. PM sent.

Scott, what about lions? I hear that it is a great area for them?
C92226F7-6409-4054-B82D-7983C611AC30.jpeg

Taken today in Lunda. What a stud!

I just got around to reading your report, what an awesome trip, sounds like a great outfitter and congratulations on your hunt, thank you for sharing your adventure, I really enjoyed the detail that you included in writing it up.

Scott, is it possible this is Lundu, the furthest upstream concession on the Luangwa? Lundu is just upstream of Chickwa.
I would say its probably Lunga, thats up kafue north.
Lundu is northern Luangwa past Chikwa and i dont think that area will be that green yet, no rain.
There has been some sprinkling of rain in Kafue recently though.

I would say its probably Lunga, thats up kafue north.
Lundu is northern Luangwa past Chikwa and i dont think that area will be that green yet, no rain.
There has been some sprinkling of rain in Kafue recently though.
Lunga Busanga, a northern Kafue area. Operator is Arturo Cuturi and Fico Vidale is his PH. It sits directly north of Lunga Luswishi where Richard Bell-Cross hunts. I hunted with Richard and it’s wonderful country. I’d really like to hunt with Fico on this area someday. Of course, I’d love to hunt with Richard again as well.

Great story Scott. Congrats on the safari. I took my mom along in 2021. One of my best decisions ever. Look forward to hearing some more in Nashville.

Scott, is it possible this is Lundu, the furthest upstream concession on the Luangwa? Lundu is just upstream of Chickwa.
No it’s Lunga Busanga. Sorry for the earlier misspelling.
B0FB6FFB-E82F-4818-B66C-9B9A76AFECB8.jpeg

Last edited:
Lunga Busanga, a northern Kafue area. Operator is Arturo Cuturi and Fico Vidale is his PH. It sits directly north of Lunga Luswishi where Richard Bell-Cross hunts. I hunted with Richard and it’s wonderful country. I’d really like to hunt with Fico on this area someday. Of course, I’d love to hunt with Richard again as well.
Yes it’s Lunga Busanga. I misspelled it earlier above. The area is on the northern border of Kafue MP. I believe Richard’s area is to the north.

Yup I think Pete established that.....amazing how people from outside Zambia think they know better that someone who actually lives there....but what do we know :E Shrug:....and not directed at you Scott...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!