ZAMBIA: Ntengu Safaris Hunt Report

Great story Scott. Congrats on the safari. I took my mom along in 2021. One of my best decisions ever. Look forward to hearing some more in Nashville.
Definitely looking forward to seeing you and everyone in Nashville.

Wow Scott. Saw it on Fico’s Instagram page. Is that a Cuturi in the photo?https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ecrHZ-u7luVZxbIsMiC_X5HQ
@Safari1 and @DLSJR

Cuturi and Fico won the original tender for the next 10 years but then the new administration cancelled all the tenders and did a new tender last September. A photo safari company won the illegal second tender. A court just ordered that Kansonso be removed from the illegal second tender! Looks like Cuturi’s original tender win should prevail!?!?

@Safari1 and @DLSJR

Cuturi and Fico won the original tender for the next 10 years but then the new administration cancelled all the tenders and did a new tender last September. A photo safari company won the illegal second tender. A court just ordered that Kansonso be removed from the illegal second tender! Looks like Cuturi’s original tender win should prevail!?!?
That’s awesome!

Happy to say that all my Zambia trophies arrived in Seattle yesterday and cleared Department of Agriculture and USFWS today! Seven months is fairly fast. The crate and trophies are now on the way to Van @outwestidaho to be mounted. Now if only I could get my ivory out of Botswana, I would have everything!

Looking for suggestions on the mounts:

1. Sable shoulder cape. Turned? Straight? 90 degrees? Wall pedestal?
2. Kafue, red and black lechwe. Was thinking floor pedestal with all three on a common base with Kafue in the middle?
3. Crawshay defassa waterbuck shoulder cape. Turned or?
4. Two servals in same scene jumping at a grouse or Franklin?
5. Bushbuck full body. What stance/form?
6. Hyena full body. Doing what? My wife is not excited about this one?!? She is “okay” with it if in a fight with my lion and losing. Lol. Lion yet to come from Tanzania hopefully after November hunt.
7. Puku shoulder cape. Turned or?
8. Sitatunga 1/2 life size?

Last edited:
Sable definitely a 90

Hyena standing mouth closed, have a friend who has one like that. It’s the first thing that gets my attention.

Everything else you pretty much have it figure out.
Be sure to post pics.

Sounds like you have it pretty well figured. If space allows, a full body instead of a half on the sitatunga would be the way to go in my opinion. I’ve never been a big fan of half body mounts. I prefer either shoulder, wall pedestal or full body. I really like your idea for your hyena and lion mount, that sounds awesome. Congrats on getting your trophies back. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

I’d do the sable at 45 deg. It will show both the sweep and the shape/curve.

sitatunga - full size.
Bushbuck - full body standing up tall and proud.

Defassa waterbuck - straight on shoulder mount.
Hyena - standing, head slightly lowered. Neutral face.

my :S 2 Cents:

Good news about the disputed Zambian hunting concessions! The high court has ruled in favor of the operators/outfitters that had signed leases/tenders with the previous presidential administration.

Some of you might have heard that a new Minister appointed by the new President had attempted to cancel the tenders and do a new tender and bid process. The operators/outfitters sued the government and a court date was set for April. Nothing was decided at the April proceeding but today at another proceeding, the high court ruled in favor of the original operators/outfitters! These operators can now get back to their anti poaching work and hopefully, conduct some safaris this year. Some of the concessions involved in the dispute were not hunted last year. The tender leases/contracts are good for 10 years but are staggered so not all of them renew in the same year.

I hunted Kasonso Busanga in 2022 in the final year of the previous contract and although Ntengu Safaris had won the 2023-2032 contract that was awarded by the previous Administration, the new Administration had tried to cancel it.

Since this wasn’t decided until now, the operators/outfitters have not booked much for safaris due to all the uncertainty. If anyone can go this year, you might get a better price now!

Good news about the disputed Zambian hunting concessions! The high court has ruled in favor of the operators/outfitters that had signed leases/tenders with the previous presidential administration.

Some of you might have heard that a new Minister appointed by the new President had attempted to cancel the tenders and do a new tender and bid process. The operators/outfitters sued the government and a court date was set for April. Nothing was decided at the April proceeding but today at another proceeding, the high court ruled in favor of the original operators/outfitters! These operators can now get back to their anti poaching work and hopefully, conduct some safaris this year. Some of the concessions involved in the dispute were not hunted last year. The tender leases/contracts are good for 10 years but are staggered so not all of them renew in the same year.

I hunted Kasonso Busanga in 2022 in the final year of the previous contract and although Ntengu Safaris had won the 2023-2032 contract that was awarded by the previous Administration, the new Administration had tried to cancel it.

Since this wasn’t decided until now, the operators/outfitters have not booked much for safaris due to all the uncertainty. If anyone can go this year, you might get a better price now!
Great news. And the real way to beat the nonsense is to now support this operator, discount or not. They have fought a good fight, now they deserve support to cement the victory.

Carlos & Fico finally signed with the government for the area for another seven years!

Fico and crew catching another poacher in Lunga Busanga.

Truly the unsung heroes of conservation! Well done Fico and team!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!