YouTube Analytics Question

Bule Jagter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
ZA, USA, (Indonesia, because spearfishing is hunting, also)
Some of you may know, I've posted a few video links on our forum, within the Hunting Videos area. It's been a couple weeks since I began posting a video every few days. While reviewing the analytical data on YouTube, I've become a little frustrated, because the view data doesn't seen correct to me. Specifically with regard to where the views are coming from, the data is illogical, as I'm interpreting it.

Basically, the following is what confuses me: If I add up the number of views on Africahunting.com, and also on an Indiana gun owners forum, I will see there have been, 250 views of the posts, on each respective forum. While I understand, a view on one of my posts, does not necessarily mean that person also clicked the link to watch my video, it's highly unlikely that such a large majority of those views on Africahunting would not go ahead and click the link, to watch the video.

Okay, back to my example of 250 views on the two forums of which I've posted links. When I look at the analytics on YouTube, it recognizes I have had views coming from Africa hunting, and the other forum. I know this, because those two forums are specifically listed by YouTube as a source of where a few views originated. The problem is; when I have 250 views on the two forums, YouTube will only indicate I've had 10 or 20 views from those specific sources.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening? Does it matter if someone watches the video on Africahunting forum, as opposed to clicking the part of my link which allows you to be sent directly to watch the video on YouTube? I'm new to this, and I am surprised at how many views I've had on a couple of my videos (in a good way). I've looked at what it takes to begin earning money from YouTube, and while I don't expect to earn a full time income, the views and hours my videos have received, with consideration of the fact that I don't yet have many videos posted, is evidence that I can actually begin earning a little bit before a year has past. Any information to help me understand this will be appreciated.

I think it's got to do with how YouTube recognises a view, which is 30 sec or more, last time I checked.

I don’t know. When I do zoom meetings on you tube, the set up counts as a view. I am always always surprised at how many views my zoom meetings receive. And amazed at how many subscribers.

There may also be the algorithmn is scripted toward certain subjects there,seeing how hunting and guns are treated by YT in recent years it can be a factor also there in how the counting goes on a yt episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!