Your avatar and user name

Mine is a name I use on other sites so I can remember it...lol. Avatar is from a Nilgai hunt on the King Ranch, South Texas. Closest thing we have to Africa here, low fence and around 800,000 acres. They are fun to hunt. Lack in the horn department but tough to spot and stalk.

My avatar is of me with the particular hippo we finally managed to bag after four days of persistent hunting. This customer was very wily who always held the advantage - even smugly standing in full view of us knowing he was safe standing on the opposite river bank which bounded the National Park. But on the afternoon of that fourth day he made one careless error and after a slow, careful, stalk I got him with a head shot from directly behind at 40yds - on OUR side of the river!!

My avatar name is what my mates have used for years, so it'll do just as fine a job here. (y)

Mine is easy as it's me with my Cape Buffalo skull taken in 2014. First initial and last name.......that way I can remember.

obviously updated it to my elephant at some point

My avatar is a pic of my best friend's Brittany, Widget, during a late September grouse hunt in northern Wisconsin with the first birds of the day. Picked my user name from one of my favorite birds to see in southeastern Arizona, on my birding trips there. Crappy photo of an Elegant Trogon included.

2015-05-21 17.30.41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay I have an avatar now! Should be fairly obvious what it is; see my previous post (#115) for my username.

My username is my initials and Country. I joined up probably without any plan i just found the site and joined i think. About a year ago and went to South Africa within about 9 months of that. I thought it was just s pipedream all hunters grow up wanting yo hunt Africa dont they?
My Avatar is my Pumba. I found him at a garage sale and didnt know what to make of it. A self proclaimed artist (painter) was selling up and Pumba was up for sale. I fidnt have much cash on me and beat him down to $20 with this guy telling me an artist made it. Yes presumably a poor broke African artist with more talent than him.
Anyway i paid $20 and became quite attached to it. It looks like he would have had little tusks imbeded but they are missing. Any he was my first Warthog but i have some good pics of the real thing from Africa. Of the few species i took in Africa Warthog was a favourite. They look cool. I had seen a couple of mounts once that stood out among a heap of other trophies.

My user name comes from the German word HohlWegLauerer.... describes a hunter/robber that prefers not to stalk, but to choose an advantageous place for an ambush hunt.

My stalking friends gave me this nickname..... may be, because I did something they were not able to do successfully. ;)

My avatar is, where my dreams are.....

HWL

My user name has been with me since I was a child, don't remember what made me chose it back then.
My picture, is from a gorgeous sunny day hunting hares and pheasants. Just my brother and I with our girlfriends and Tosca, our German short-haired pointer, slow walking through Flanders' Fields.

Name is cal of most serious DG bolt gun I shoot, a 450 Watts.
I change my avatar once in a while. The current one is a CPR char with those incredible colors. Recently caught in SW AK.
Char in color 2 .png

My name is john.

A bowji is (I believe) a Cornish word for a cow barn, shelter or hide.

The lion is merely a piece of artwork I commissioned as part of the imagery for a program for school kids I'm setting up to promote education in, and an understanding of, real conservation issues (rather than the rubbish peddled by the woke press).

It is based at a Coutada in Moz owned by a very kind group of gents - probably some of them are on here as it is fundamentally a hunting reserve

The program is called
African Conservation through Education and Training or ACET

All revenue goes to the reserve for conservation projects

@fourfive8... I live in SW AK. Where'd you catch the char if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe I answered on this thread previously... My avatar changes periodically. This one might stay awhile. My user name... Tundra --> Live in Alaska; Tiger --> College mascot, and no, it's not from LSU or Missouri. Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas...

Interesting thread for sure. My user name is my SASS handle from when I pursued competition playing with Colts and Winchesters. It reflects my affinity for whittling on a chunk of wood or spinning a piece on the lathe.
The avatar will change every now and again. The current one is the lion I carved on the buttstock of a '94 Winchester Trapper; a perfect lion rifle.

I somehow missed this when I signed on years ago. Buck_wild is really Buckasswild but my mother didn't like that thus the _ was used as a replacement to my email back in the 90s when I first signed up for an email account. I kinda liked the twist to buck wild being crazy about animals etc.
The picture is of a 59" kudu that is still the hi-light of my hunting career!

No surprise..mine is my name and favorite caliber. My avatar is a Bushbuck I shot in the Luangwa Valley in 2014. It was my first Bushbuck and I thoroughly enjoyed hunting him.

My name is Curtis with last name M

I dont post a lot of hunting pics on the Socials so I just have the limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing son a gun. Wooooo!

My avatar is this photo. Some doves with the old Browning Superposed I inherited when my uncle/long time hunting buddy passed. I might change it at some point but as you all know, hunting is about the experience and the people you spend those hours with are a big part of why the memories are so precious. I miss those hunts.

The user name; location and I'm a fan of the 7x57, I have a bunch of other rifles but I really enjoy the number 1 I have in that caliber.
Cooper_5RED_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg