Would you like a Cigar?

Had a wonder Padron cigar while watching the Kentucky Derby. My wife won $30.00 betting on a 80-1 odd horse :ROFLMAO:

DFDB0A20-04B6-465C-8E29-515695A8AB31.jpeg

Was in the mood for something mellow. It does have a bit of a Citrus/White pepper kick to it. I've had many of these in the past, and pick up a couple if I happen to stop by the Local shop.

Brickhouse Connecticut by J C Newman.
IMG_20220513_161438612.jpg

It’s a Cohiba Red Dot Nicaraguan. For the record, only 12 days to wheels up and the beginning of my safari :)

271672DA-7ECF-46C2-B408-66AB9A4C1BFD.jpeg

It’s a Cohiba Red Dot Nicaraguan. For the record, only 12 days to wheels up and the beginning of my safari :)

View attachment 466269
Going to South Africa? I imagine the last few days before you leave will be anguishing....lol.

In less then 3 weeks, I'm going on an Arizona Trout fishing Safari. Not so glamorous, but a week camping and fishing, away from this cesspool of a city is a much needed reprieve.

View attachment 466269

I will be traveling vicariously through you @PARA45. I can wait to see the updates, the post, the cigars, the game hunted. Please send updates to our thread even if not your formal report. It is just pure joy to kick back on the porch with a stogie and read about the fortunate few!

Getting ready for Africa :), not taking as many as uncle Mort, but I’ll have a good stash to be able to smoke two a day :ROFLMAO:

B4AD8223-9BC8-4AF9-86DD-E3FEC4D67444.jpeg

BYW, a good friend bought two General Cigars that were 12” long and about an 80 ring gage. Not as big as the one on the video. I was surprised of how good it was. This cigar burned well, and had great flavor. It lasted 18 holes and then some. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He gave another one that came in his own coffin, that I believe is about 18” long. I’ll take a picture later and post it here.

Getting ready for Africa :), not taking as many as uncle Mort, but I’ll have a good stash to be able to smoke two a day :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 466852

BYW, a good friend bought two General Cigars that were 12” long and about an 80 ring gage. Not as big as the one on the video. I was surprised of how good it was. This cigar burned well, and had great flavor. It lasted 18 holes and then some. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He gave another one that came in his own coffin, that I believe is about 18” long. I’ll take a picture later and post it here.

Looking good, although, as you say, that might just get me started on a good safari.

A 12” cigar must be like smoking four different cigars, like a different flavor profile every 3” or so. I really am not a fan of big cigars, length wise. I’ll smoke if offered, but never really even bought Churchills. Just rather have a couple of Robustos or Toros instead.

Getting excited for your trip and for you. Man it must be great looking forward to your safari.

Smoke well, shoot well!

View attachment 466852

Looking good, excited for you!

View attachment 466852

All you have to do, is smoke 1 more cigar then Mort did on Safari, and you'll get your name in the Guinness book of world records.

Just sayin.......

All you have to do, is smoke 1 more cigar then Mort did on Safari, and you'll get your name in the Guinness book of world records.

Just sayin.......

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I don't know if I'll have enough hours in the day to do that. LOL!!!!!

View attachment 466852

Looking good, however where are the Oliva's?

Enjoying a Davidoff since I’m only 6 days away from wheels up

FFCF3F2E-12EF-4D7B-83B7-106EBE2B6584.jpeg

Welcome to the thread @willbaforce. Tell me something about what cha smokin’ there.
have little experience w this cigar, and I lack the experience or ability to discern/convey nuances of taste of many on this board but figured I'd play.

IMG_4988.thumb.JPG.0732fdb6b64f12427b2d931e03f12bb0.jpg

Snipped with scissors, this cigar had a perfect draw. The first thing I picked up upon heating the foot was what I'd describe as the smell of old school Catholic church-type incense, just a touch. This came and went a couple of times throughout. I did get a bit of coffee/chocolate in the mouthfeel in the first third but that wasn't dominant flavor I picked up throughout.
IMG_4989.thumb.JPG.5e503c2fc27a677d3b10eabbd9a0ea71.jpg

The burn was consistent and straight. Throughout the middle part of the cigar got a nice earthy tobacco taste, nice twangy flavor. For a cigar this old the flavor and body were stronger than I would have anticipated. I'd imagine in another 10 years there will still be alot here. My girlfriend, who grew up surrounded by tobacco in Santiago, DR and has an uncanny sense of smell I must admit remarked that is "smelled too strong, like something my grandfather would smoke". She likes Opus X though. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg