Would you like a Cigar?

The traffic on the lake today was insane. Fishing tournaments I didnt know about. Spring break, and people out in droves. Never seen it so crazy, made the fishing really tough.
Monday and Tuesday should be good, after everyone goes home from the weekend.
I come up here every year during the first week of April. The Roosevelt lake resort motel knows its my birthday.
They put a bottle of Champagne on ice in the room. Pretty cool.

Kicking back and watching the final 4 tournament.

Going to fire up a Le Bijou, and sip some Champagne. Good times.!
 
@Brent in Az - Have a good birthday trip up at Roosevelt. Hopefully the fish cooperate - try trolling the deep side of the lake near the cliffs after the crazies go back to Phoenix.

I’ll copy your Le Bijou selection in your honor. :D Cheers::Cigar:
 
Wish I could. I'm bank fishing, as I dont have a boat.
@Brent in Az - Have a good birthday trip up at Roosevelt. Hopefully the fish cooperate - try trolling the deep side of the lake near the cliffs after the crazies go back to Phoenix.

I’ll copy your Le Bijou selection in your honor. :D Cheers::Cigar:
 
Wish I could. I'm bank fishing, as I dont have a boat.
:oops:…jk

For bank fishing, I have seen monster cats come out of the lake on the Salt river end if you feel like driving that far. It should be awesome weather anywhere you fish. If nothing else you can catch a buzz :LOL:.
 
Here is to you Brent!!!

F549B977-6CF3-475C-876E-4B37BD573342.jpeg
 
:oops:…jk

For bank fishing, I have seen monster cats come out of the lake on the Salt river end if you feel like driving that far. It should be awesome weather anywhere you fish. If nothing else you can catch a buzz :LOL:.
LOL ... I'm catching a buzz as we speak. I might do a little night fishing tomorrow for channel cats. I want some fillets to bring home. I made some special bait I saw on YouTube. Hot dog chunks, with garlic, and cherry jello powder. I tried some today but didnt get bit.
 
Welcome to the 2nd most exclusive club, other than the “Would you like a Cigar” thread members. Comacho Corojo in your honor, in addition to many others while watching Final Four and UT baseball clinch series against Vanderbilt. UT now a baseball school! LOL [emoji23]
 
In the 40 years I've been coming to this lake, I've never had the bass fishing kick my butt so much. Last weeks cold front, and the insane boat traffic, gave the bass a case of lockjaw.

Slipped on a rock on a steep embankment, and slammed my thigh into a sharp rock. Going to be sore tomorrow.

Tried some of my homemade Hotdog bait under a slip bobber. The bobber went down, set the hook, drag was screaming from whatever behemoth was on the end of the line. It wrapped me around a submerged bush, and busted me off. Have no idea what it was?

I slunk back to the motel in defeat, for a hot shower, beer, cigars, and a good meal at the restaurant.

Will regroup for tomorrow.

Cheers!
 
Smoking my last Undercrown Maduro :(

032C277D-E58E-4582-ADAB-1E23DD14AAAF.jpeg
 
Congrats and I hope it all goes well for you!

Where did you source the Partagas btw? A Euro import?
I’m up in Canada…for work (not much longer;))

They are available here, but at a hefty price tag.
 
Are these beetles? I had an Ashton glass tube in the basement (68-70 degrees) for 3 years. I just unsealed it and noticed some holes - not perfectly round but not like my other cigars at all. Beetles or just the way it was rolled/stored?

Screenshot_20220409-142747_Gallery.jpg
 
Are these beetles? I had an Ashton glass tube in the basement (68-70 degrees) for 3 years. I just unsealed it and noticed some holes - not perfectly round but not like my other cigars at all. Beetles or just the way it was rolled/stored?

View attachment 461286
Smoke it far enough, and you might find it’s a roach. :ROFLMAO::cool:

Probably the roll, nicotine is an insecticide.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,615
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top