Would you like a Cigar?

A lovely 110 degrees in this desert sweat fest. No rain in the last 8 days. Looks like it will be a pretty skimpy monsoon season, and we really need the rain. Trying to enjoy a Cigar and couple cold beers after a tough week.

The Angel's Anvil, by Crowned Heads.

A special release Cigar, and 1000 boxes made for TAA members.

Brazilian wrapper, Ecuadorian Sumatra binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. Made at the E.P Carrillo factory in the Dominican Republic.

A pretty good smoke, with heavy notes of Coffee, Chocolate, and a very light spice and Maduro sweetness.

Would definitely recommend this stick.
IMG_20200731_172049596.jpeg
IMG_20200731_172058072.jpeg

Tri-Tip steak ready for the Grill, cold beers in the fridge. Smokin a big Magnum fatty by Caldwell. Blind Man's Bluff Maduro. Always a great stick.
IMG_20200801_172600560_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpeg

So I said I was not going to smoke, but I got a promotion at work Friday...what better way to celebrate than a fine cigar and port cask local whiskey...

64 Padron Maduro. First time with the Maduro and it is the typical premium maduro with coffee and chocolate nuances. Razer sharp burn and not bitter as long as it was kept cool.

That being said, I think I like the natural better if my memory is correct.

Promotions are always deserving of good cigars..

Congrats!

Congrats on the promotion @curtism1234 - Hopefully that will come with more $$ so you can spend it on more cigars :)

Dittos on the congrats for the promotion! Great to here some good news of success in the new norm. Now you just need to find the less notable reasons to celebrate with a cigar. Filled up the tank with gas. Attaboy, have a cigar. Remembered to charge your cell phone. Way to go ace, have a cigar. Made a post on AH. Outstanding! Have a cigar. You’ll get the hang of it! Best to ya!

I usually only have a cigar on the weekend and special occasions or when the mosquitos are really bad, got to enjoy one of my favorites this last weekend.
5F4CA8B1-B398-4FCB-A228-C5385A079971.jpeg

I've cut down a bit on smoking. I was smoking 1-2 cigar a day. Trying to smoke on weekends, or special occasion, and this is what I've smoked lately.

Placencia Alma Fuerte Hexagon cigar. This was my first Alma Fuerte and it was a strong cigar but smooth. A bit spicy at first, but mellowed out nicely after.
AVO XOs & Heritage. I have not had a bad AVO period, great smoke from beginning to end. Burned evenly with lots of smoke and flavor. If I find them on sale I'm buying them. :)
Last but not least is an AJ Fernandez Trinidad Espiritu. What can I say, it's a cigar made by AJ Fernandez, and so far I have not smoked a bad AJF cigar. A full body cigar, spicy and short at first, but then it smooth out nicely, with hints of pepper and cocoa. I placed the cigar in the ashtray to get a drink, and the wind blew it right off. I don't know if you can see the crack on the rapper.

PLAC.jpg
AVO I.jpg
AVO.jpg
TRINI.jpg

AVO XOs & Heritage. I have not had a bad AVO period, great smoke from beginning to end. Burned evenly with lots of smoke and flavor. If I find them on sale I'm buying them. :)
I'm getting to be a big fan of AVO's as well - I just got a few more AVO's: Classic, Heritage and Domaine in a shipment the other day...can't wait!

I don't know if I've shared this web page with you gents or not.

Check it out, today's deal are Olivas Melanios, great prices on them.

Drew Estate - Tabak Especial - for an infused cigar this was pretty nice, not an overpowering taste but nice & smooth with chocolate & espresso...burn was good.
Drew Estate - Tabak Especial.jpg

Villiger - San Doro Colorado: Never heard of these but was a good smoke. This was actually rated top 25 cigar for 2016 & 2018 and as high as 93 rating...not sure if I would go that far but it was good.

Villiger - San Doro Colorado.jpg

I don't know if I've shared this web page with you gents or not.

Check it out, today's deal are Olivas Melanios, great prices on them.

That's the place I just ordered from your recommendation. All my cigars arrived in good condition. Seems like they are having quite a few sales lately...I need to upgrade my humidor soon :D

Been a scorcher in Tucson. 2nd hottest August on record. 3rd driest.

Came down to the Cigar lounge to grab some sticks, and chill for awhile

Enjoying an Esteban Carrera.
IMG_20200814_162120112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At about $11 for the Esteban, it was kind of lackluster. It wasn't a bad cigar. Good quality & burn. It just didn't have the flavor notes that would entice me to buy another.

I also purchased an Esteban Connecticut. Will see how that one is.?

Gents, I've been smoking these cigars while I do yard work, or when a premium just won't fit in. Let me tell you, they have not disappointed me one bit....they burn great, lots of flavor, and for under $2.00, what else can I say? Couple of the guys here in GA have purchased them, and they like them as well.

Heck of a good price. Will have to try some of those in the future.
Gents, I've been smoking these cigars while I do yard work, or when a premium just won't fit in. Let me tell you, they have not disappointed me one bit....they burn great, lots of flavor, and for under $2.00, what else can I say? Couple of the guys here in GA have purchased them, and they like them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg