Would you like a Cigar?

Last night was a 2 cigar night.

First a Partagas No. 1 Maduro. Smooth smoke, light Cedar, first some cream and floral notes. Later white pepper. But probably the pairing with the scotch overwhelmed the flavours of the cigar. Switched to a coca cola after the scotch, also because I had to drive.
IMG_20200718_202313.jpg

Second smoke of the night. Diesel Unlimited D4 Maduro. Really enjoyed this one. Bold smoke, earthy flavor, some spice ( Cinnamon?) , White pepper on the retrohale. Very constant smoke.

IMG_20200718_222231.jpg

The last 2 that I had were rolled tight. Had some hard spots in them (plugs) wouldn't stay lit. Drawing hard on them to keep them going, and they got overheated, and the wrapper started to distort badly.
Brent, I have not. Smoked about half that box with nothing but slow, even burn. Good draw. A little hot last 1/2” LOL
IMG_20200719_172551274.jpeg

The last 2 that I had were rolled tight. Had some hard spots in them (plugs) wouldn't stay lit. Drawing hard on them to keep them going, and they got overheated, and the wrapper started to distort badly. View attachment 358789

Sorrry to hear that as I have really put this one on my repeat hit list. If I find a similar experience I will let you know. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly in the ones your cigar store got, and not the standard.

I think it comes from the buncher at the factory?. Disappointing, for a stick that has a single sticker price of $14.00, minus my discount.
Sorrry to hear that as I have really put this one on my repeat hit list. If I find a similar experience I will let you know. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly in the ones your cigar store got, and not the standard.

I think it comes from the buncher at the factory?. Disappointing, for a stick that has a single sticker price of $14.00, minus my discount.

@Brent in Az, contact the tobacco shop you got them from, and show them the picture. Most will give you another cigar. If you order them on line, the same, you'll get a free cigar(s) from them. It's worth a try, specially when you paid $14.00 per stick.

I've been super busy at work so here are some I've smoked lately:
Rocky Patel - Sun Grown Maduro: good smoke
Rocky Patel - Sun Grown Maduro.jpg

Got this from my local smoke shop: never heard of it but this was a great smoke for the price point.
Casa Fernandez - Aganorsa
Casa Fernandez - Aganorsa.jpg

Rocky Patel - 99 Connecticut: good mellow smoke but pretty light: probably good for the AM

Rocky Patel - 1999 Connecticut.jpg

Impressive! OB1 has taught you well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Nothing wrong with mellow cigars. I always have a hand full of them in my humidors, for those days I don't want to smoke a full body cigar. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Went down to the Cigar shop at 10:00, when they were supposed to open, except Jacob was almost an hour late getting there a whole group of us standing around waiting......

The natives were getting restless....

Amongst my usual go to suspects, I picked up a few new flavors.....

Padron Damaso

Although this Cigar falls into the Super premium range at around $18, for a no.17 (Churchill), I'm not really liking it. There is a certain spice blend in some cigars that I do not like. A Citrusy/ White & Red pepper blend. This Cigar has that.

Nothing like spending over an hour on a Cigar you don't like, but is too expensive to put out. I'll just have to plow through it.

The quality and burn are very good.
IMG_20200725_163743178.jpeg

The monsoons came in last Thursday, lots of rain and cloud cover. Actually pleasant BBQ'ing, and being outside, when it's not a 109

Archetype "The Master". A special release batch, in honor of Dr. Sigmund Freud.

It's a pretty good stick. Comparable in price and flavors to the Axis Mundi.
IMG_20200725_174252496.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!