Would you like a Cigar?

Last night was a 2 cigar night.

First a Partagas No. 1 Maduro. Smooth smoke, light Cedar, first some cream and floral notes. Later white pepper. But probably the pairing with the scotch overwhelmed the flavours of the cigar. Switched to a coca cola after the scotch, also because I had to drive.
IMG_20200718_202313.jpg


Second smoke of the night. Diesel Unlimited D4 Maduro. Really enjoyed this one. Bold smoke, earthy flavor, some spice ( Cinnamon?) , White pepper on the retrohale. Very constant smoke.

IMG_20200718_222231.jpg
 
The last 2 that I had were rolled tight. Had some hard spots in them (plugs) wouldn't stay lit. Drawing hard on them to keep them going, and they got overheated, and the wrapper started to distort badly.
Brent, I have not. Smoked about half that box with nothing but slow, even burn. Good draw. A little hot last 1/2” LOL
IMG_20200719_172551274.jpeg
 
The last 2 that I had were rolled tight. Had some hard spots in them (plugs) wouldn't stay lit. Drawing hard on them to keep them going, and they got overheated, and the wrapper started to distort badly. View attachment 358789

Sorrry to hear that as I have really put this one on my repeat hit list. If I find a similar experience I will let you know. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly in the ones your cigar store got, and not the standard.
 
I think it comes from the buncher at the factory?. Disappointing, for a stick that has a single sticker price of $14.00, minus my discount.
Sorrry to hear that as I have really put this one on my repeat hit list. If I find a similar experience I will let you know. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly in the ones your cigar store got, and not the standard.
 
I think it comes from the buncher at the factory?. Disappointing, for a stick that has a single sticker price of $14.00, minus my discount.

@Brent in Az, contact the tobacco shop you got them from, and show them the picture. Most will give you another cigar. If you order them on line, the same, you'll get a free cigar(s) from them. It's worth a try, specially when you paid $14.00 per stick.
 
I've been super busy at work so here are some I've smoked lately:
Rocky Patel - Sun Grown Maduro: good smoke
Rocky Patel - Sun Grown Maduro.jpg
 
Got this from my local smoke shop: never heard of it but this was a great smoke for the price point.
Casa Fernandez - Aganorsa
Casa Fernandez - Aganorsa.jpg
 
Rocky Patel - 99 Connecticut: good mellow smoke but pretty light: probably good for the AM

Rocky Patel - 1999 Connecticut.jpg
 
Impressive! OB1 has taught you well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Nothing wrong with mellow cigars. I always have a hand full of them in my humidors, for those days I don't want to smoke a full body cigar. (y)(y)(y)
 
Last edited:
Went down to the Cigar shop at 10:00, when they were supposed to open, except Jacob was almost an hour late getting there [emoji34] a whole group of us standing around waiting......

The natives were getting restless....

Amongst my usual go to suspects, I picked up a few new flavors.....

Padron Damaso

Although this Cigar falls into the Super premium range at around $18, for a no.17 (Churchill), I'm not really liking it. There is a certain spice blend in some cigars that I do not like. A Citrusy/ White & Red pepper blend. This Cigar has that.

Nothing like spending over an hour on a Cigar you don't like, but is too expensive to put out. I'll just have to plow through it.

The quality and burn are very good.
IMG_20200725_163743178.jpeg
 
The monsoons came in last Thursday, lots of rain and cloud cover. Actually pleasant BBQ'ing, and being outside, when it's not a 109 [emoji16]

Archetype "The Master". A special release batch, in honor of Dr. Sigmund Freud.

It's a pretty good stick. Comparable in price and flavors to the Axis Mundi.
IMG_20200725_174252496.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,140
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top