Would you like a Cigar?

Trying out a new flavor.

Tatuaje Unicos Reserva Broadleaf

Pete Johnson has some pretty good blends in the Tatuaje line.
IMG_20200711_163500683.jpeg

One of my favorite Arturo Fuentes. The Don Carlos.....S...M...O....O....T....H....

My local shop raised the prices on these by a buck. They are now over $16. Ouch. That's why I only smoke one occasionally.

Very smooth for the first 2/3, then a little spiciness kicks in towards the end. Fantastic blend, with a Cameroon wrapper.
IMG_20200711_181610467.jpeg

I guess I spoke to soon. Monsoon fury just descended on Tucson. No warning. 60 mph winds, rain, and everything else.

Knocked the power out in my area

I guess the weather gurus didn't run the crystal ball correctly.

A Rocky Patel Connecticut with the morning coffee, after cleaning up the mess from last night's storm. Haven't seen a wicked storm like that in quite awhile. Power was out for almost 2 hours.

But I saved the Cigars?
IMG_20200712_085907444.jpeg

Those Tatuajes are delicious! Did you like it?

This was my weekend;

1. Cuban Monti Petit No 2. Flat out delicious cigar, like any Cuban Monti. The draw was bit hard at first, but mellow out after.
2. Liga Privada No.9. Need I say more? Delicious cigar, burned evenly with hints of toast, coffee, and chocolate. Very dark and oily cigar.
3. Cohiba Nicaraguan. Another one of my favorites. Well balanced cigar, burned evenly through out, with hints of leather, and pepper. Delicious to the end.
4. These Colors Never Run. Even though the rifle is an AK, not AR, the cigar was good. This cigar was medium cigar, burned well, and had different tastes through out the cigar. The construction of this cigar was very nice and not veiny at all. This is what their web sites states: 1st 3rd: Light brown sugar, chocolate chips, licorice, raw leather, red oak wood, nutmeg, fresh brewed coffee with cream... 2nd 3rd: Toasted hazelnuts, cocoa, clove, palm sugar, vanilla bean, graham cracker, butter cream... 3rd 3rd: Spiced rum, Ceylon cinnamon, red pepper, whiskey barrel, custard, burnt marshmallow, coffee beans.
I definitely tasted chocolate during the 1st 3rd, coffee during the 2nd 3rd, and pepper on the 3rd 3rd. (y) This was a given to me by a friend, I would definitely buy them, I liked the label.

Cuban Monti.jpg
LP-9.jpg
Cohiba Nica.jpg
These Colors.jpg

Nah, no trouble at all. We do that all the time among our cigar smoking friends. We share and introduce new cigars to others to try out.

BTW, this is a great web site, and they offer 5 & 10 packs with some great prices. They sometimes offer boxes on special as well. I've purchased Oliva Melanios for $54 (shipped) for a box of 10.

https://www.cigarpage.com/

Had this one over the weekend: AVO Classic - very smooth and creamy. Really enjoyed...must have been good since I had a little friend stop by to sample the smoke!

AVO - Classic.jpg

Little One.jpg

Great thread...

The wife and kids are away and monday being my day off I decided to light on up.

Gurkha Heritage, nice medium stick. Gurkha is hit and miss but the Heritage ones I am enjoying. Cedar notes, must, leather and a hint of something sweet.

IMG_20200713_164248.jpg

I think I am going to stop smoking till the covid is over. My health insurance doesn't allow smoking to get the non-smoker rate and can deny coverage if I was to get sick with a respiratory illness. That's all I need is to have nicotine show up in blood and they want to put me on a ventalater...

:S Rip:

After work, nice craft beer and a Partagas Aristocrats. Second stick I smoked from these. Construction of first one was flawed, this one was great. Taste was great from Both. This small stick packsa punch. Starting with hints of cream, some wood flavour (oak?). White pepper on the retrohale. After soms time strength increases, Taste evolves in roasted Nuts, smooth leather.

For such a small stick An hour smoking time is great. Definitely a keeper, will order more.

IMG_20200714_202826.jpg

Just tell them it's second hand smoke
I think I am going to stop smoking till the covid is over. My health insurance doesn't allow smoking to get the non-smoker rate and can deny coverage if I was to get sick with a respiratory illness. That's all I need is to have nicotine show up in blood and they want to put me on a ventalater...

:S Rip:

Both of those look tasty!
After work, nice craft beer and a Partagas Aristocrats. Second stick I smoked from these. Construction of first one was flawed, this one was great. Taste was great from Both. This small stick packsa punch. Starting with hints of cream, some wood flavour (oak?). White pepper on the retrohale. After soms time strength increases, Taste evolves in roasted Nuts, smooth leather.

For such a small stick An hour smoking time is great. Definitely a keeper, will order more.

View attachment 357651

AVO Classic, what a great cigar. My last one, I need to get more

457E0CCA-2AE4-49A5-AC07-F399F3BCC18E.jpeg

Last week I tried the PsyKo 7 Natural. This week, I'm trying it's Maduro brother.

A very uninspiring Cigar. Reminds me of the La Perla Habana Maduro, which I didn't care for much.
IMG_20200718_171038826.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.