Would you like a Cigar?

BTW, that Alec Bradley I smoked last night is on the top 25 by Cigar Aficionado. It was good, this cigar started a bit short, got spicy, mellow out half way and then got spicy again. Too spicy for my taste. I however, wouldn't have said that this was a top 25 cigar. :(

After going to Walmart this morning, and feeling like i just stepped into the movie "Deliverance"....LOL....decided to have some Coffee, and another Camacho American Barrel aged. Always a good smoke.
20200201_105456.jpeg

I bought this Opus X, just before Christmas. Most expensive Cigar I have purchased. Was saving it in case the Vikings made it to the Superbowl, but I'll probably be dead before that happens

Going to fire it up tommorow, during my little Superbowl party.
20200201_110104.jpeg
20200201_110218.jpeg

Ouch! I've had my fair share of Opus X, and I had issues with everyone of them. To be quite honest, none of them have impressed me like a Padron Anniversario, or Davidoff Nicaragua have, to name a few. My son on the other hand, has had great luck with them. Unfortunately, not me. Let us know how it smokes.

The Opus X's I have had were all good, but half the price of this one.

IMO, Arturo Fuente releases these in limited supply. The rarity increases demand, and people are willing to pay inflated prices to obtain them.

Will find out tommorow how good it is?

Fuente Fuente Opus X Shark 2018

Toast across America limited edition.

$45.00 purchase price

Cigar is a tapered box press Torpedo. Very well constructed, with a tight pack and draw.

Flavors of earth, leather, oak, and a creamy coffee nuttiness and very faint white pepper notes, in a medium bodied smoke.Comparable to Padron flavors in some ways.

This limited availability Cigar is part of the "Toast across America" started years ago, by the Fuentes, and J.C Newman. The proceeds of this cigar go to the Community foundation. The money helps the locals and that work for the Cigar makers, with healthcare and education, as well as the children.

It is a very good smoke.

Is it worth the $45 price tag? Only for the charity community foundation. If it wasnt for that, this cigar might be worth half that at most.
20200202_151933.jpeg
20200201_110218.jpeg
20200202_150123.jpeg

Last night was a Monty cigar night. I started with a Montecristo Texas Edition, this cigar was a gift from a friend. This was a rather thick cigar at 6x60, with a robust smoke with notes of cinnamon and coffee with a hint of chocolate. Lots of smoke out of this thick cigar. It burned even all the way through, and never had to relight it. A delicious cigar. :)

After eating some great Super Bowl food, a gentlemen who I met at the SB party, gave a Cuban Montecristo, Double Edmundo. This was a beautiful cigar, very smooth raper. I started smoking this cigar, and it hints of cream and wood. Unfortunately, this was also a going away party, and I had to put this cigar down for some going away presentations. :mad: I lit again this great cigar, and I thought I had ruined it. To my surprise, and since I had only smoked about 1 1/2" of it, this cigar mellowed out into a med flavor cigar, and the taste never changed. I gave justice to this cigar, and smoked it until my fingers were burning. :)

Monty.jpg
Cuban Monty.jpg

Haha...I did the same thing with almost burning the fingers. The Opus X was so good I was ready to get the tweezers out. Smoked it to about an inch. Darn good.

Drew Estate Isla del Sol Maduro

We had an unusual 70 degree day so it's nice to get outside with a fire and cigar.

Quick review:

I would call this a gently infused cigar. Certainly lighter in flavor than java or tabak. In fact, I had to through my order history bc I thought next time I would like to try the Maduro...well this is the maduro....

Slightly wavy burn and a few touches but it is a little breezy outside.

I have a couple more infused brands to try, but this is a good cigar. Very good for a newbie or someone in the mood for a light and sweet cigar.

Stopped by the Cigar shop this morning to pick up some sticks.

Aging Room Quattro - Nicauragua Vibrato

Cigar Afficiando's 2019 #1 Cigar of the year, with a 96 rating.

Notes of wood, earth, light caramel, some nuttiness, and a light spicy finish.

Very good smoke.
20200215_160303.jpeg
20200215_160219.jpeg

B0A74FE0-F52D-4A59-8A6B-631771126683.jpeg

I only smoke when hunting and its S sweets, they are not much of a name dropper, but i don,t give a rats ass about that.

DSCN0403 (2).JPG
DSCN0405.JPG
DSCN9610 (2).JPG
DSCN1938 (3).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Caldwell - Long live the King

$12.95 Single Stick price

Oaky, Earthy, Bitter Chocalate, and a light pepper finish.

I like the "King is dead" by Caldwell, more then this stick.
20200221_174020.jpeg

Chocolate. My attention to the spell checker is not always the best.

IMG_1694.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG

So sometimes while enjoying one of my favorite cigars, something truly historic happens. Such was when I flicked my cigar ash and low and behold gravity was defied and ceased to exist on my porch.

The other day I tried a 60 ring My Father The Judge I had been saving for 6 months. Probably my favorite cigar I have tried to date. Stored in 65 humidity and it only burned 1 inch. Could not get it re-lit :eek:

I them tried a mini / tin Ashton stored in the same conditions. It went out after like a 1/4 inch. Couldn't get that lit again either.

I was outside in 40 degree whether but it was very calm. Can cold air cause very significant problems?

The other day I tried a 60 ring My Father The Judge I had been saving for 6 months. Probably my favorite cigar I have tried to date. Stored in 65 humidity and it only burned 1 inch. Could not get it re-lit :eek:

I them tried a mini / tin Ashton stored in the same conditions. It went out after like a 1/4 inch. Couldn't get that lit again either.

I was outside in 40 degree whether but it was very calm. Can cold air cause very significant problems?
I've never had that problem. Not sure what would cause that. The only time I have ever had lighting problems is with an over humidified Cigar.

A lovely La Promesa, on a gloomy, and rainy morning.
Always a good smoke.
20200222_080633.jpeg

Here is a video from Tim at Cigars daily.
It covers Cigar burning, and why they won't stay lit.
Tim is originally from here in Tucson. We actually went to the same High School, although over 20 years apart. LOL.
Tim, now has a Cigar shop in Phoenix, as well as a Youtube channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.