Would you like a Cigar?

Darn rain ruined my outdoor plans today.
Will just have to smoke fine Cigars, drink cold beer, and have some BBQ this afternoon.

Arturo Fuente - Don Carlos No.2

I smoke these very occasionally. At $15 a stick, they are getting up into what I call the "Super premium" range.

Sweet Cameroon wrapper, with earthy, and nutty flavors. A very smooth pepper finish.

A very good Cigar.
20200222_164242.jpeg

My Father Cigars - Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial. 90 point rating.

$8.75 single stick price

Broadleaf Maduro wrapper, with flavor notes of Earth,Cedar, Espresso, and a light Pepper finish.

I've never met a My Father cigar that I didnt like. A little strong for a morning cigar, but I'm out of Conneticuts.
20200223_084121.jpeg

A great way to end the work week. A Whiskey & Coke, to pair with one of my favorite go to blends.

Thank you, Mr. Garcia!
20200228_161811.jpeg

Very nice!

Wife and I have been sick with the flu, and I have not had a cigar in over a week. I'm dying to light one up, but I know better not to do that. I need to feel better, and prob will once I am done taking all these antibiotics. :cry::cry:

I'm always on the prowl for some inexpensive Connecticut's with good flavor. Got these, Alec Bradley White Gold, on special through CI. They are a Cuban Sandwhich Cigar.
20200228_162716.jpeg

Very nice!

Wife and I have been sick with the flu, and I have not had a cigar in over a week. I'm dying to light one up, but I know better not to do that. I need to feel better, and prob will once I am done taking all these antibiotics. :cry::cry:
I'll smoke a few for you.

I had the Flu 3 weeks ago. Fortunately, I only felt like roadkill for a few days, and got over it pretty quick.

I've smoked those Bahia, they are good smokes. Congrats on the purchase.

I've been feeling good enough to smoke, but hanging tough because my wife is not 100% and she can't smoke either. However, I feel that by either tomorrow or Sun, I'll sitting outside smoking one. :)

Alec Bradley- White Gold

Just had to try one. Paid $29.99 for a box of these on sale from CI. About what you would expect from $1.50 each. Kind of a buttered burnt toast, with a bit of nutty flavor, and very slight spicy pepper. The kind of Cigar you can chaw on while doing some work outside. A bit of a wavy burn, and huge smoke output. Not bad for the money.

20200228_172727.jpeg

Maybe they need to rest a bit.

I like these with the morning Coffee on weekends. A very good Conneticut, at a good price point. Got a bunch on special from CI.
20200229_070813.jpeg

I couldn’t resist anymore

97042013-C949-4885-B598-9CBBCF975133.jpeg

Carlos Torano - Exodus 1959

Earned a 92 point rating, as well as top 25 Cigar of the year honors.

Flavor notes of Cocoa, Earthy nuttiness, and a hint of Berry sweetness.

Good smoke, going nicely with a Guiness Extra Stout.
20200229_162951.jpeg

One of my old time favorites, I always have some in my humidors . Great smoke for the price.

Alec Bradley - Prensado Lost Art

The Prensado took Cigar of the year honors in 2011. The Lost art is the sequel to the original.

Notes of Coffee, Molasses, Nuts, and a mild woody flavor.
20200229_173033.jpeg

Besides Padron Anniversario, this is another that is up there with them.

These fine Nicaraguan made cigars have flavor of pepper, cocoa and coffee. Even though they are listed as full body, I believe they are mole like Med-full body flavor. Excellent smoke for the price.

D3D460A7-19A7-4192-BBEF-341BC6005B03.jpeg

These fine Nicaraguan made cigars have flavor of pepper, cocoa and coffee. Even though they are listed as full body, I believe they are mole like Med-full body flavor. Excellent smoke for the price.

View attachment 333254

I have a few of those in the humidor and although I haven't bought a box yet it is definitely box worthy. (y)

La Aroma De Cuba - Mi Amor

A 95 rated Cigar, with great flavor notes of earth, Espresso, Cocoa, a light spice, and hint of sweetness.

La Aroma De Cuba dates back to the late 1800's, and was said to be Winston Churchill's favorite.
20200301_164645.jpeg

View attachment 333254
Those are very good Cigars. Can't go wrong with Oliva.

Anthony's Cigar Emporium, here in Tucson, just had a, meet & greet, get together with the Oliva Rep. Free food & drinks. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg