Would you like a Cigar?

Smoking a CAO Pilon. What a great little cigar. It’s a med blend with high notes of spice, and nuts. It’s not spicy at all, very mellow cigar that would go great with liquor or a strong cup of coffee in the morning.

View attachment 515795
i have to admit I haven’t had a cigar in about 30 years. Sitting around the fire with a good glass of Old Pogue bourbon I kinda have been getting the cravings for a good cigar. I know it’s a very open question but here goes, I turn 64 Tuesday and would like a good mild to medium cigar to celebrate, @PARA45, what might you suggest?

Thank you for the vote of confidence. My favorite cigars are the Padron Aniversario 1964, and would highly recommend one. They have never let me down. Get something short and small ring gauge. Also, do not get the maduro (my favorite blend) they tend to be stronger. Another would be the Davidoff, any of them, as long as they are not Maduro or Nicaraguan, those are stronger. Smoke slow and enjoy your day.

If you get a Padron 1964 Aniversario, get this blend.

41FCB74C-D477-4ADC-BCFB-0DF99C332466.jpeg

If you get a Davidoff, get this blend (light color)

061A1117-8558-4E86-91E5-D55DB737DDD6.jpeg

If you want something very mild, I would recommend a Macanudo, with a Connecticut shade wrapper. The ones above are in my opinion medium blend. Remember that the thicker ring gauge, the stronger a cigar will be. I hope this helps.

Smoking a Placencia Reserva 1898 :)

C46C8836-3084-4D89-8114-0DEFD313E67A.jpeg

It’s been a while, but had an ACID Kuba Kuba tonight. Not the best, but better than nothing.

View attachment 518722

I love these for a change of pace. An infused cigar is a totally different critter. However, if you are in that “I been staring at the humidor for 10 minutes with no inspiration” mood, go for an ACID, and a Kuba-Kuba or Blondie will do wonders!

Thank you for the vote of confidence. My favorite cigars are the Padron Aniversario 1964, and would highly recommend one. They have never let me down. Get something short and small ring gauge. Also, do not get the maduro (my favorite blend) they tend to be stronger. Another would be the Davidoff, any of them, as long as they are not Maduro or Nicaraguan, those are stronger. Smoke slow and enjoy your day.

This is wisdom of the leaf for sure! I would strand myself on a deserted island with these two cigars for sure. Only in copious quantities!

Having one those weeks, a small cigar just won’t cut it.

2B861AB1-19C8-47A1-90D6-2CF741FF9CEC.jpeg

Smoking a Liga Privada aniversario. Hopefully, this week will be way better than last. :giggle:

84A9C5B8-48A6-4CDB-AD3E-E43289A79065.jpeg

Smoking a Padron 10th Anniversary while celebrating my 35th with the Mrs. at Southall Farm and Inn. A lovely new resort outside Franklin, TN. Who says old dogs can’t learn new tricks!
IMG_1041.JPG

Smoking a Padron 10th Anniversary while celebrating my 35th with the Mrs. at Southall Farm and Inn. A lovely new resort outside Franklin, TN. Who says old dogs can’t learn new tricks!
View attachment 521155
Happy anniversary, Mort. 35 is an achievement for certain.

Happy anniversary uncle Mort. May you and Mrs Mort enjoy many more blessed anniversaries.

BTW, that Liga Privada Aniversary was an amazing smoke. Not for the faint of heart, a full body cigar, complex at time, sweet flavor all around and tons of smoke. It was a 1:45 smoke.

Thank you gentlemen on the anniversary wishes, but Jami deserves all the credit for the 35 years. She put up with my antics for 9 years before I sobered up. She supports my hunting and fishing trips. Is a fabulous wife and mother to our two grown boys. And, she tolerates my over the top cigar habit. Any of which would have driven a normal woman totally bat-shit crazy. Wait, maybe she is bat-shit crazy and I’m just too clueless to notice. Anyway, she has stuck with me, and I with her, through thick and thin, and for that, I am one of the most blessed men on the planet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois