Window or aisle seat?

I can speak from personal experience...row 29....regardless when you booked, be prepared,for seat,reassignment, of four times flying economy comfort we have been reassigned each time, giving up row 29 to,a less desirable row. Just be prepared, check your seating constantly, you will receive no notice of your seat change, Delta will say it was done by the computer and can not be corrected...BS....

Reactions: BWH
I prefer window, you don't have the trolley passing you every couple of minutes and you don't have to get up every time someone wants to move out of their chair..... then i always like looking out the window when approaching the airport, always fascinates me

I like bulkhead window it's hard to get.

Bulkhead is my preference as well, but I try for the aisle.

At 6'4", I need all the leg room I can get.. inevitably I end up directly behind someone that wants to lay their seat all the way back for the entire duration of the flight and basically put their head in my lap every time I dont get the bulkhead..

Windows and middles are simply miserable for me.. Im not only tall, I am wide/thick (built like an aged nfl lineman).. getting cramped against people on both sides, or a person and the hull of the aircraft not only sucks for me.. it sucks for whoever I am sitting next to as well..

At least in the aisle I can lean out a little bit and give me and the other traveler a bit of relief :)

I like the window but all the arthritis and collapsed disks in my neck do not like being cocked to the side for hours and hours.

I would take the beating that might or might not happen with the aisle seat, then the window seat having to step over folks sleeping to use the head. How many times in 16 hours do you think you will have to go?

How many times in 16 hours do you think you will have to go?

That's proportionate to the number of drinks and bottles of water that I consume.

It seams like the last time I took that flight it was around 4 or 5 times.

I have had no problems finding a head that you can get into fairly quickly. I have also learned that if you need to get a little bit comfortable find the one that has the baby changing station in it.

Now on the short hop planes I have seen the line from the back of the plane almost all the way to the front with people waiting to get in. I often wondered if anyone ever listened to their moms and did their business before they got onto the plane. Or just stay out of the lounges.

There are unavoidable issues with an isle seat; if you're not being assaulted by food carts moving up and down the isle, women carrying oversized bags are certain to garner your attention. To add to the inconveniences of isle issues you have people sitting in the middle seat and window seat crawling over you.

I'll take a window seat any day. Crawling over one or two people to get to the bathroom or just stretch doesn't bother me, at least I've got control over my own movements. A window seat affords you the comfort of a wall you can prop a pillow against and get some sleep, something you can't do in an isle seat.

29j bulk head tons of leg room and a wall to sleep on same for the bulkhead other side. I was in 29j both ways just 2 weeks ago awesome seat jump on it or the aisle is grerat in that same row tons or leg room etc and no one bumping the crap out of you as business class is right in front so no one walks by. I am picky even bring my pillow onboard so can try and sleep as best possible.

there is no bathroom in front of row 29 just business class I sat in the seat so disregard those saying john is infront of that row!

I prefer s window. It is just easier for me to sleep. However as I get older I find easy bathroom access being a good thing.

THe other solution-more expensive than business class--is to take you family and occupy an entire three seat section with two young children--plenty of room and plenty of memories to last a life time--I hope--29 days and counting...

Bulkhead is my preference as well, but I try for the aisle.

At 6'4", I need all the leg room I can get.. inevitably I end up directly behind someone that wants to lay their seat all the way back for the entire duration of the flight and basically put their head in my lap every time I dont get the bulkhead..

Windows and middles are simply miserable for me.. Im not only tall, I am wide/thick (built like an aged nfl lineman).. getting cramped against people on both sides, or a person and the hull of the aircraft not only sucks for me.. it sucks for whoever I am sitting next to as well..

At least in the aisle I can lean out a little bit and give me and the other traveler a bit of relief :)
Mdwest
I really sympathize with anyone taller or bigger than me (6'2") on air travel. It's hard enough on me!
Philip

25 years flying to and from work worldwide; window seat is generally the best. Use Seatguru.come and check your flight.

Aisle seat for me, as I like to be able to stand up and move around. Bulkhead is great if you can get it. If traveling with a few other people get a row and switch seats to share the pain and joy.

Me and wife thought about buying three seats but did not know what would happen if they changed your seating.

Me and wife thought about buying three seats but did not know what would happen if they changed your seating.
That is a very good question...I have no idea, other than you probably would have to go to hell and back to be reimbursed !

Just used Delta to JoBerg bought Delta Comfort center seat, was ok but would buy aisle next time, flew coach home had aisle seat worked out great some bumping by others so not bad. The two dudes next to me had 55 gallon drums for bladders, they finally had to use the bathroom about 12 hours into the flight and that was it for the trip??????

That is a very good question...I have no idea, other than you probably would have to go to hell and back to be reimbursed !
I could have told them we needed three seats because we weight 400 lbs. That would have assured mo seat change and cheaper than business class

Aisle every time,.you can get up whenever you want to stretch and use tje facilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross