Window or aisle seat?

If you opt for an aisle seat, the center section is a good choice (seats D or F). The logic being you only have one person that might crawl over you and that the person in the center seat can get up and exit either way. You won't miss much by not having a window from a view standpoint.

View attachment 185214
I agree, set in center aisle last time and was sure it was the place to be. On way home was center aisle but was on the row right at the bulk head between buisness and economy, this was not good. Seemed the flight attendant hit me everytime she went down the aisle. Never slept more than an hour.

I have taken Delta 200 twice...May '16 and April '17. Last year I was 29B on the way over and 29I on the way back. This year I was 32A both ways.

Row 29, even in the middle seat, is the place to be if you are my size...6'4" and 260lbs. From my experience the window seat is not too bad to get out in that particular aisle; the middle seat is a bit uncomfortable at my size, but manageable; the aisle of course has the best access to getting up and down.

Row 32 Seat A which is on the window was alright, but not much wiggle room and a real pain to get out of to go to the restroom.

I am planning on making the trip next year. Hopefully I can get in Row 29, but if not I will get only an aisle seat as I would rather deal with getting hit and hassled by people moving up and down the aisles than have to crawl to the aisle from a window or middle seat.

My 2 cents.

I am sitting in OR Tambo right now. Just finished the ATL JNB flight. I am not overly experienced with international flights but my wife and I had a great experience in row 29 e and F. As soon as your airborne, grab your carry on bag and place on the floor in front of you. Now you can extend your legs straight. Couple this with Delta Comfort seating that reclines farther and it is a nice experience. Well worth the 219 upcharge. Also add to the fact you can stand and stretch, do knee bends, whatever.

I couldn't get it on the way back and fear a miserable experience to follow on the way home.

I am sitting in OR Tambo right now. Just finished the ATL JNB flight. I am not overly experienced with international flights but my wife and I had a great experience in row 29 e and F. As soon as your airborne, grab your carry on bag and place on the floor in front of you. Now you can extend your legs straight. Couple this with Delta Comfort seating that reclines farther and it is a nice experience. Well worth the 219 upcharge. Also add to the fact you can stand and stretch, do knee bends, whatever.

I couldn't get it on the way back and fear a miserable experience to follow on the way home.

Byron: Regardless of what seat you are in when you depart Africa, it is a sad experience! You don't want to leave.

Hope you have a great hunt and look forward to your report.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.