WIN a FREE Hunt, Taxidermy & Sightseeing Week in Romania with a Guest for 2019

Discussion in 'FREE Hunts & Giveaways' started by Romania Hunting Outfitters, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Safariman5000

Safariman5000 New Member

Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Argentina,Uruguay,Namibia,Zimbabwe, Sudan and USA
    Congrats John!!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

2. grsep

grsep AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Alaska, Canada, USA, Mexico, Philippines, Dominican Republic, Hondurus
    Congrats

JOHN WATERS likes this.

3. jeff

jeff AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci P&Y
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
    Congrats John, can't wait for the report!!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

4. superdutch

superdutch AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA life member
    Hunted:
    SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
    Lucky dog! Can't wait to read the report!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

5. nefuller

nefuller New Member

Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    US, Canada, South Africa
    I shot my first turkey today. Scared the crap out of everyone in the frozen food section, and I'm not allowed at that grocery store again but it was awesome!

6. rinehart0050

rinehart0050 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
    Congrats!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

7. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    JOHN WATERS likes this.

8. JOHN WATERS

JOHN WATERS AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NM Sport Shooters Association, NRA, Boone and Crockett
    Hunted:
    USA (NM, TX, AZ, CA, AK), RSA (East Cape), Romania
    Well it is that time, I am preparing for our trip to Romania in a few weeks. I look forward to posting photos and a report in August. Thanks to Jerome and folks from AfricaHunting.com and George Dumitru with
    Romania Hunting Outfitters. My wife and I are excited to go on this adventure.

9. MS Hitman

MS Hitman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
    Hunted:
    USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
    I’m excited for you! Hope you and the Mrs. have a wonderful trip.

10. JOHN WATERS

JOHN WATERS AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    20190804_074129.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I am back from our trip to Romania. I again want to thank George Dumitri from Romanian Hunting Outfitters and his son for the fantastic visit to his beautiful country. I also want to thank Jerome and AfricaHunting.com for hosting the contest on their site. My first impression is that Romania is a very green country with fantastic history and friendly people.

The temperatures during our hunt were in the mid 90's F with 85%+ humidity.​

We landed in Bucharest and learned that we needed to go to another of George's hunting areas because of government study with the boars in the intended hunting area north of the capital. George has associations with over 60 hunting areas across the country, so went to another hunting area in a different part of Romania. This was OK, as we got to see a good deal of the countryside and mountains that most people probably don't get to see. We stayed in a village called Carei near the Hungarian border. George's professional hunters Niko, Christi, and the head huntsman Vasile were experienced hunters that knew the area well. They knew the Roe Bucks well too. All three were able to call in multiple bucks from over 600 yards to a range of 100 yards or even closer.

As a North American hunter, I have never witnessed a hunter actually using a doe bleating call to bring in bucks in the grip of the rut. The bucks announced their presence by "barking" just like a dog, and then came in for a look.

It was pretty cool. For those that have never hunted these deer before, they are reddish brown, a bit larger than a duiker and smaller than a white tail. They are extremely quick and rarely present for more than one shot before they slip into the corn or sunflower stands. They also like to just lay down head and all in a field, making them real hard to see during the middle of day. I harvested three roebucks within a couple of days (photos attached). For two of the bucks that I took, Niko and I stalked them across a field and stream for about thirty minutes. We came up 50 yards from both while they were locking antlers. Christi called the third one I harvested into within 100 yards of me at the end of third day.

The wild boar were more elusive. We went out to stands on each of the three nights we were there. We heard and saw plenty of piglets and small boars and sows each night. Whether it was the heat or they could smell the DEET on my arms, the big ones never presented themselves, which happens here in southern NM or west Texas all the time. Regardless, I loved the Roebuck hunt and George threw in a third shoulder mount because we did not get a shot at a big boar. My wife even enjoyed the roebuck hunting. She has eagle eyes and can spot them even when sitting. She even impressed Vasile by spotting numerous deer as we went from field to field. Will post pictures of sightseeing in next post.

20190804_074026 Revised.jpg 20190805_214945.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019
    jeff, Edge, Mekaniks and 7 others like this.

11. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Awesome @JOHN WATERS ! Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

12. Erny

Erny AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, SCI, NRA
    Hunted:
    US, RSA, Canada, Namibia, New Zealand
    Nice trophies! Congrats on the hunt.

JOHN WATERS likes this.

13. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Congrats on the hunt and glad that you had a great time. Thanks for sharing @JOHN WATERS!

JOHN WATERS likes this.

14. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Congratulations.
    They are an incredible little deer to hunt in the rut.

JOHN WATERS likes this.

15. JOHN WATERS

JOHN WATERS AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    On the sightseeing portion of the trip, we saw the 12th century town of Sighişoara, the birthplace of the national hero, Vlad Tepes, or Vlad the Impaler (of Dracula fame) as he is known to the world. We also toured several castles including Bran Castle (of Dracula fame) and Pele's Castle (the summer castle of the Romanian royal family until 1947). The old buildings, churches and history of Romania were impressive. It was evident even in the small villages throughout the countryside. We even toured a 13th century salt mine t Turda with a Farris wheel and bar inside at bottom.

20190807_094043.jpg
    Mammoth Door Knocker for Dracula's Bran Castle

20190807_091648.jpg
    Bran Castle

20190802_143218.jpg
    Beautiful Carpathian Mountains

Again, thanks to George and his son Condrit for their hospitality and for showing us the special places in Romania.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019
    BobT, jeff and Mekaniks like this.

16. Stonestreetw

Stonestreetw New Member

A hunter visited another hunter and was given a tour of his home. In the den was a stuffed lion. The visiting hunter asked, “When did you bag him?” The host said proudly, “That was three years ago, when I went hunting with my ex-wife.” “What’s he stuffed with,” asked the visiting hunter. “My ex-wife” replied the hunter.