Who would or would not hunt with another member from the site

We can ride in your Land Rover and I will buy a some Single Malt for the evening s.

CBH, save the money from the single malt and buy some spares for when the landie needs a fix…:A Stirring::E Happy:

Last edited:
There are several people that I have met on this site, I would be proud and really happy to share the camp with, or to go to the range with to try our rifles! (y)

I’ve hunted in the US with 4 members on here. 1 I’ve hunted with twice and planning to hunt with them again 2 more times over next 12 months. Everyone I’ve met from this site has been great people with more stuff in common then many of my own friends lol. Wouldn’t hesitate to share African camp with people on here and from my experience it makes whole hunt better sharing it with others

Simple answer to the original question: I have hunted with other members in the past (twice), and will do so again. One trip later this year and one next May already planned, then another hunt with 2 members planned for late 22/early 23!

I’ve done most of my international trips solo. I like to get away from my life and have some personal time. Time to reflect and then to challenge myself in a new land. I have put together a few group hunts and will continue to do so from time to time because there are so many who would not venture to the dark continent without help from a pro.
On a recent trip a friend of mine was visiting with me before we got on DL 200 and he asked “so how is it?” He was meaning how is it having to see about all of us instead of just chilling out waiting to board. He knows me all too well! It’s a big change from what I am used to that is for sure. Introducing others to Africa is worth the hassle.
Regards
Philip

We went to SA for the first time in 2018 with a large group ,some I knew some I didn't, and loved it. one of the guys I met on the 18 trip has turned out to be a good friend and we have had several hunting trips together since for bear ,mule deer, whitetail, elk and aoudad. We even went to Brazil peacock bass fishing.
Cameroon earlier this year with my wife and one other couple it was great, no other hunters in camp but met new people so all good.
Now I'm planning a trip to SA for may-June of 2022 and I am coordinating for 2 bachelors and 5 couples of us. hunting with lifelong friends is unparalleled, but meeting new folks and making new life long friends is way cool too. I will say I can already tell its way more fun and easier to let someone else be the lining up guy and just go along for the ride. I like to meet folks and sure aint bashful so I would hunt with someone I had NOT met BUT from experience I know what a mess it can be with 2 groups that don't mesh. so I would hunt with someone I don't know but not on a group trip like my next one.

I've hunted with and shared camp with a couple other members here, and always had an amazing time! I would do it again with them, yes. In fact I've been invited on a Buffalo hunt next year with a fellow member. I turned him down due to some issues I needed to take care of, but the more O think about,the more I may need to revisit with him when he gets back...

I’ve been thinking that I’ve crossed swords with IVW a few times, yet I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with him if the opportunity arose. Should make for fun times around camp!

Jerome of course, I doubt many in the forum wouldn’t hunt with.

I don’t have any experience of hunting with other “punters” in a camp, domestically I hunt alone more than ever so it would be interesting to give it a go.
Has @IvW ever said what the name of his operation is? I bet he'd definitely be fun to hunt with.

I went on a Safari with @Ridgewalker in 2019. We hunted some species with the same PH, and sometimes we split up. We had a great hunt, and got to experience 3 different lion hunts, due to us hunting together on those. It was always understood who was doing the shooting on each animal we hunted together, so it worked out great.
I've also shared a camp with @CAustin, @Shootist43, and @Art Lambart II and former member Bill Capwell . They are all fine fellows and I'd hunt with them again anytime.

Toby458, I’ll pay you for the compliment the next time I see you. :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding! I thought we had a good time and there was certainly no confusion on who was to pull the trigger…age before beauty!:LOL:
Actually it was nice to know you were at the tail end and not me when we found out one of my lions had circled around!

Toby458, I’ll pay you for the compliment the next time I see you. :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding! I thought we had a good time and there was certainly no confusion on who was to pull the trigger…age before beauty!:LOL:
Actually it was nice to know you were at the tail end and not me when we found out one of my lions had circled around!
When that big male lion was roaring at us when we were tracking him, that was definitely something I'll never forget!

www.africahunting.com/dating....

Just kidding.

Actually, I think it a very reasonable idea. When I decided to get into hunting it was not easy finding like-minded folks to hunt with. Really, it is about getting the folks you know here to congregate at the same camp. Sounds cool.
@ Pheroze
@CBH and @bruce moulds and myself would have loved to hunt together but alas that will never happen. It would have been a great time.
If @RandyF, @ CoElkHunter, @BeeMaa and @Scrumbag and myself got together there wouldn't be much hunting done as there would be to many laughs around the camp fire and to many hangovers to contend with.
@Shootist43, @hunting Gold and other Whelen owners would have a great hunt together and good stories to tell.

One the younger side I would gladly hunt with younger members like @Wyatt Smith and @Skinnersblade.
Dang given the opportunity and the financial means I would hunt with most of the people on the AH forum just to broaden my horizons and meet other people. Some I may not get on with initially but it would still be interesting.
On my Namibia hunt we had one person that just spoke about how much money he earnt and what he owns. I could only take that so long and quietly spoke to him in private and told him I'm not interested in the money bullshit but I would like to know the person. We are now lifelong friends and we talk hunting and life in general now not money.
I consider my s e of rich as I have a w wonderful family and friends as well as the ability to still get bush and hunt. That's all the wealth I need.
Bob

just a slight word of caution,...... as i know of very good friends falling out totally when one got better trophies, or trophies the other didnt get at all. this not a one off either and these were people who had known each other for a long time.
@spike.t
I was very fortunate on my hunt. Some got bigger trophies than mine especially kudu but that didn't worry me at all. I got the biggest impala and that didn't worry them. We were all genuinely happy for each other's trophies and listened to the efforts they had to get them. Fortunately we were t there for the hunt and the experience not the tape measure. When you can share the experience of others that is what it's about. I wasn't after record books. I jokingly said to my PH I wanted a 60 inch Kudu he just laughed and said if I got one that big he would pay me. I ended up with an old 52 inch Kalahari bull. The others ended up with a 55 and 58 inch Gobabis region bulls and judging by the group photo we were all happy with what we got.
Bob

unfortunately i think you are correct.....or the reasonable amount/in moderation clause would be invoked!!!! ;)
@spike.t
Your reasonable amount may be different to others. Eat, drink and be merry. If'n you can't do that take your bat and ball and go home but in the meantime play nicely with others and have great hunts.
Bob

I would share a camp with like minded people. However, the hunting itself would have to be 1x1. Sharing a PH and taking turns at game is a recipe for conflict in my opinion.

In all seriousness though, I would consider it with the right folks. It is definitely better that you know someone first, but that doesn't always mean anything either. My best friend growing up and I lived together in college. We almost killed each other....

Now what would be even harder, but not impossible, is to do couples. If that is involved I would definitely want to have spent time together first.
I see the point regarding AH members/acquaintances as couples on safari could complicate things. But I wonder if the concern would be reduced any if 4 couples were involved? (I.e. more than two)

I would share a camp with like minded people. However, the hunting itself would have to be 1x1. Sharing a PH and taking turns at game is a recipe for conflict in my opinion.
@Tanks.
We had 2 on one and never had an issue but you need good people.
Bob

I have made good friends on this site, would love to have someone along some time, but they need to love Land Rovers! And impala nuts for snacks, and single malts, and cigars.
@kevin Peacoke
The single malt and cigars yes. Impala nuts maybe but I draw the line at landrovers but some one has to love them.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois