Who would or would not hunt with another member from the site

After my last trip and taking friends with me on the hunt I found the hunt a lot more fun. I have seen were guys wanted someone to go on a trip but no one really made the effort to do it. I was thinking once I get my plans made for sure to see if anyone would like to come with.

Last trip there was 5 of us for the first 10 days and 3 of us stayed another 7 days at a second place. I am not sure at this point who is going back. Depending on the area it could easily be 6 guys and still have plenty of room.

So who would be up for hunting with someone they don't know or hunting in a group of up to 6 hunters.

Even if you have comment about doing a hunt like this on your own with guys it would be good to hear. Letting guys know just might make it able to find someone willing to go.
I would be glad to as long as there was still 1x1 hunting

You guys who get groups to go are lucky. It seems like every time I ask my shooting buddies if they want to go to Africa, you'd think it was for a one way trip to Mars.

Never hunted with anyone from this site, but would welcome the opportunity for many.

Hunting with someone is a funny thing, never turns out as expected. Taken long time friends on northern BC hunts and came home not as close friends. Crazy when 6'6" 250 lb guy cry, complain and whine because its cold, wet, food was not 5 star or their boots are frozen solid?

Also took a new friend with a permit to accompany and they worked out awesome. 2 moose, 2 goats and caribou all in 2 weeks, but they worked as hard as I, were willing, able and enjoyed what northern BC gave us.

Took my sisters on an 18 day Namibian leopard and PG hunt. That worked out awesome, maybe too much so as in 4 weeks all 3 of us will be doing 21 days with Umlilo. Not allowed to Safari without them now. Would like to meet someone from this site in one of our 4 camps.

Here's to hoping.

MB

Took my sisters on an 18 day Namibian leopard and PG hunt. That worked out awesome, maybe too much so as in 4 weeks all 3 of us will be doing 21 days with Umlilo. Not allowed to Safari without them now. Would like to meet someone from this site in one of our 4 camps.

Here's to hoping.

MB

Well, if you sisters are attractive and single I am sure there are people from this site that would love to meet them...

And you, I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Well, if you sisters are attractive and single I am sure there are people from this site that would love to meet them...

And you, I guess. :ROFLMAO:
They are both married, 40 yrs ea? BUT I am single so any good looking ladies going on safari alone? (y);)

MB

You guys who get groups to go are lucky. It seems like every time I ask my shooting buddies if they want to go to Africa, you'd think it was for a one way trip to Mars.
Yeah, +1!

They are both married, 40 yrs ea? BUT I am single so any good looking ladies going on safari alone? (y);)

MB
@MarkB
I'm sure someone was offering a Brokeback mountain hunt recently if that suits.
Bob
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I made a deal with a friend of mine just today. I will go Moose hunting with him in Sweden in the fall if he goes to Africa with me next year. He had been bugging me to go hunting with him in Sweden (he lives there now) for a while. He has been to Africa to hunt, but only RSA.

a-stirring.gif
The only "males" I defer hunting with are those that have to first check with their wives for permission or need to make some sort of exchange so they can go, i.e. pay for new jewelry, clothes, or a trip with her girlfriends. This is 2021, not the 1950's. YMMV.
a-stirring.gif

From the active membership of AH, I believe it would be a much shorter list who I wouldn't want to hunt with. A testament to the good natured character of our members.

I’m sure there are a number of members from this site whom I’d enjoy sharing a camp with. There are a few whom I’d pass on, as I dont care to be around Self-absorbed people. Doesn’t seem like more than a few on here. But, before I’d go on a hunt with anyone I don’t know, I’d be sure to spend plenty of time on the phone and messaging to make sure we’re compatible.
There are a few types I’d rather not spend time around such as chain smokers, alcoholics and grouchy, bitchy people. Nothing against them, I’d just rather not be around them when I’m enjoying a nice hunt. I have no tolerance for anyone who doesn’t treat camp staff with respect.
I’d especially not share a camp with someone obsessed with checking things off some list so they can win an award. I’ve been around a few of those guys and it never worked out well.

My philosophy on safari is Hakuna Matata (No worries, for those not familiar with Swahili) and I prefer to be in camps where nobody is stressed out and everyone, staff included, are having fun.

I think it is a common problem. If you are the pro-actor by definition your buddies are the followers. In our group we are really lucky in that each one of us has a go at introducing a hunt and leading the way. When it is my turn I find the easiest way to get there is to just lay it all out in easy steps to follow, no decision input necessary from them, just comply. For example: the dates are X, the place Y, pay Z into the account by that date. I also find it increases the excitement a lot to allocate tasks, everyone loves to be the Scotch and cigars guy!

I think it is a common problem. If you are the pro-actor by definition your buddies are the followers. In our group we are really lucky in that each one of us has a go at introducing a hunt and leading the way. When it is my turn I find the easiest way to get there is to just lay it all out in easy steps to follow, no decision input necessary from them, just comply. For example: the dates are X, the place Y, pay Z into the account by that date. I also find it increases the excitement a lot to allocate tasks, everyone loves to be the Scotch and cigars guy!
Well, you are already at the hunting destination. It is a bit different if the folks are thousands of miles away and also have to commit to a larger chunk of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross