Who is going where in 2018 or hoping to make plans for 2018

It’s been a couple years since I hunted Africa but I’ll likely take up the offer from my pal Bossie Mostart to hunt on some of the new game rich properties that he has recently acquired hunting rights on. The opportunity for both cull and trophy hunting, with bow and rifle, seem to be outstanding.

I’m leaning towards a relatively long late season hunt where we will likely visit several different properties in the Limpopo province. If anyone would like to know more about this opportunity feel free to pm me.

Going to New Zealand for Stag and Fallow with Don Patterson of Manuka Point on the South Island and in June of 2019 going with my adult son on plains game hunt for 10 days with Ernest Dyason / Spear Safaris. Way excited about both trips!

Interested to see how many members book hunts this weekend at DSC!

I wrote a check.

12 days in the BVC with John Sharp during August 2019. Cape Buffalo and whatever else she offers.

Rumor has it another AH'er is also going. :D Beers:

I need to get busy making Wildebeest loincloths.

:A Banana:

I am shocked no more hunts were booked at the show or anyone bought one of the auction hunts.

I am shocked no more hunts were booked at the show or anyone bought one of the auction hunts.
What was your experience on the show?
Were you satisfied...?

What was your experience on the show?
Were you satisfied...?

I did not make dsc this year and do not go to sci. I just will go to the local sport show or two but that is because I already have my hunted booked to Namibia and SA.

Kind of last minute on Sunday I booked to tag along with another member to Austrailia for a water buffalo hunt;)

Really looking forward to it. May add some fishing and whatever else we can think of.

Also got some tentative ideas for 2019 and beyond. Oscilated Turkey and brocket some spring. Uganda for Nile buff and bushbuck and several others including fishing for Nile perch. Bingo is still high on the list. Savannah buffalo and to an as well....

Also discussed a Canadian moose hunt.

Oh and planning a horse pack in elk hunt this year a few weeks after getting home from Australia.

Kind of last minute on Sunday I booked to tag along with another member to Austrailia for a water buffalo hunt;)

Really looking forward to it. May add some fishing and whatever else we can think of.

Also got some tentative ideas for 2019 and beyond. Oscilated Turkey and brocket some spring. Uganda for Nile buff and bushbuck and several others including fishing for Nile perch. Bingo is still high on the list. Savannah buffalo and to an as well....

Oh and planning a horse pack in elk hunt this year a few weeks after getting home from Australia.
You make a jealous hunter dizzy reading you plans!

I think everyone should take one bingo for sure in there lifetime.:whistle:

Sounds like some fun plans bob

Although I couldn't make it to the convention this year I did participate by internet and bid on some silent auction item's.

I purchased a 7 day Non-Trophy Buffalo Hunt in the Bubye with Pete Fick on the silent auction. Hoping to go there in late July, taking my oldest son along.

I also worked out the details with Mark Young and Gary Duckworth on a 15 day Buffalo, Sable, Nyala and plains game hunt in Coutada 9 for September 2018.

@ActionBob can you PM who you are hunting your Ocellated turkey with? I'm hoping to add that in the near future.

A lot for cool trips you guys have planned!

I'm finally in a position to book a buffalo hunt after a few years of anticipation. I just started getting serious, so my quest is advancing from the "wish" stage and into the planning stage. If I could go in 2018 that would be very good, but 2019 is more realistic. Namibia, Zambia, & Mozambique top my destination short list, but I'm open to suggestions for a hunt that is all about the experience and not primarily about trophies. I probably won't bring anything home but memories and photographs. I want to find an outfitter and PH who are passionate about wildlife and the land, the hunting experience, and who can help me learn a lot. This site has been very helpful.

Back to East Cape May 10-20 with a group of 5-7 hunters. Fourth trip. Can't seem to lay off the great value and diversity. Sable, Eland, Aoudad and several others. Counting the days...

Hey, @Longwalker . I would be very interested to find out who you decide to hunt with as this sounds like my sort of hunt.

I'm finally in a position to book a buffalo hunt after a few years of anticipation. I just started getting serious, so my quest is advancing from the "wish" stage and into the planning stage. If I could go in 2018 that would be very good, but 2019 is more realistic. Namibia, Zambia, & Mozambique top my destination short list, but I'm open to suggestions for a hunt that is all about the experience and not primarily about trophies. I probably won't bring anything home but memories and photographs. I want to find an outfitter and PH who are passionate about wildlife and the land, the hunting experience, and who can help me learn a lot. This site has been very helpful.
Longwalker, enjoy the planning process of this exciting excursion awaiting you.
I send you a PM right away.

No trips for 2018. For October 2019, it look like Namibia and maybe RSA too, that is if I still have a job after next year.
Enjoy the planning process of a possible October 2019 safari...

For myself i am going to Botswana after monster Eland.

IMG-20180110-WA0043.jpg
IMG-20180108-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20180108-WA0011.jpg

Then tryimg to complete my wish list for 2018 that will happen on my own concessions.
Photo_1515326632221.jpg

And then hopefully AH members will keep me busy for the rest of the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg