Who did it better?

Dennis hands down.

The fact that Dennis is also an amazing photographer helps, but take a crappy picture of his mount and it still looks better.

Eyes, ears, mouth, tones.... all looks good.

And, as rook said, cost is about the same. It's all in another thread but I learned that the hard way. Dennis simply isn't much more expensive than inferior African taxidermy. In my particular case I would have SAVED money and gotten BETTER work.

That's why this next group is going to Dennis. :)

@rookhawk Thanks for sharing all this info.

Having just started our taxidermy collection, I hadn't really considered the noticeable differences in Dennis' work. I think I'll be sending all my future work to him.

Not going to save much doing tiny ten over in Africa that is for sure. Do a life size mount or some big animals like an eland or giraffe or add the dip/pack on a big order then you can save which has been prove here on the site also.

Plus you can get good work out of Sa if you look. Some may like others better as I do to but for the money on the amount of animals I have taken it paid to have them done there. Hell if I wanted the best I would have kanati and Wes good do all my mounts but the saving on the work I get in SA works for me.

I would rate this better then the place in zim and to me just find for my taste.
1125_1251845661495872_4106374304869140114_n.jpg

Do your homework no matter what place you pick and you can get go work all over the world. There is a place that will fit any ones taste. Now I have stirred this pot enough for one post. :whistle:

Thanks everyone , Glad to know the 14 to 16 hours days I put into all your mounts is appreciated and the attention to the smallest details are noticed and appreciated by you...Your mounts are more important to me that anything I do...They are a lot of blood seat and tears ....but it's the only way I can create them , Always the BEST I CAN !

Trolls any post that I'm in , on or about..I'm flattered I take up so much space in his head...

Trolls any post that I'm in , on or about..I'm flattered I take up so much space in his head...

Don't flatter yourself as I saw the post comparing work not just about you. Not that you would understand that not everything is about you but sharing info.When they are post you do I just stay off them though I did get a good chuckle out of the leopard post.

For the record there is no room in my head and for sure you will not take any of that space up ever.

I may be a little biased here but Denis's work in my opinion is by far the best. Just an opinion considering you asked.

For the record there is no room in my head and for sure you will not take any of that space up ever.

Bill's to busy thinking about how to help others to leave any extra room in his head. ;)

Bill's to busy thinking about how to help others to leave any extra room in his head. ;)

Don't worry Royal I will make a helpful how to hunt and take a blue duiker one day. I know that would be a help.

Don't worry Royal I will make a helpful how to hunt and take a blue duiker one day. I know that would be a help.
Lol. Ouch!

Bill,

This is a bushpig. Thought pictures might help for next time.

Bushpig.jpg

Well Bill, It's kind like this ,with all due respect... if you can wrap your head around it. What if I went to some of your or Pieter post about a hunt your guys are selling or talking about and I started posting..... As you do on most of my posts ....that any one here can get those animals on that hunt for less money and save more for another hunt and start listing names of other outfitters, ones that aren't members here or sponsors that support this site with their wallet? What if I posted on your posts recommending they go there as you can save money and get the same hunt ? Would you be oaky with me doing that?

Bill,

This is a bushpig. Thought pictures might help for next time.

View attachment 176237

But I never missed one yet. LOL that really hurt as I have nightmares about not getting one of those yet. I am going to cry now and go to bed

Well Bill, It's kind like this ,with all due respect... if you can wrap your head around it. What if I went to some of your or Pieter post about a hunt your guys are selling or talking about and I started posting..... As you do on most of my posts ....that any one here can get those animals on that hunt for less money and save more for another hunt and start listing names of other outfitters, ones that aren't members here or sponsors that support this site with their wallet? What if I posted on your posts recommending they go there as you can save money and get the same hunt ? Would you be oaky with me doing that?

First off I did not post on your post about your work. You came on my post awhile back and started the bs. Second hard to beat are prices and that is a fact. Plus I am me not Pieter and free to have my say just like you. I know you don't like it but oh well cant make everyone happy.

You did not start this post and it was about you and other place. I saw it as saying all work out of Africa is bad and said other wise which I think I am free to do. If it is not ok with the guys running the site then can remove it. You will notice I do not post on your threads good or bad anymore out of respect to you and the site. Plus I never said your work was bad just not my taste is all and have said more then once is it good in fact.

You have a problem with anyone who does not think your the best. Which is not my problem so maybe you have stuff going on in your head you need to deal with because I am all ok with how things are.

I have always been impressed with Dennis's work, even though I have never used him.

I have used TCI and have not been impressed with the work they have done for me. Poor quality, poor communications, and no attempt to make things right. I have no intention of useing them again.

Good thread Rook.

You have a warped sense of humor Royal. Flashbacks of the days when SNL was funny.

You did not start this post and it was about you and other place. I saw it as saying all work out of Africa is bad and said other wise which I think I am free to do.

Bill, honestly....do you not see how you contradicted yourself? You said the thread was about TCI vs Dennis and then go on to say it's all of Africa vs Dennis.

Ps....I can understand some of the humor posted on the thread, but some of the other posts are really not called for, it pisses me off that so many posts lately get highjacked by total BS!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.