White lipped peccary

Rob Bizzell

New member
Joined
Jan 8, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Has anyone hunted white lipped peccary in Mexico? The outfitters I have explored look a little sketchy. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
 
I've hunted javelina in Arizona for close to 30 years and never heard of a white lipped one, so I had to Google them.

They live in the jungles of Mexico and Central America
 
There are three subspecies, one of which may be extinct. The white lipped needs a CITIES permit to import. Landowners can shot 2 a year in Mexico, around Vera Cruz. I have yet to find a mainstream outfitter that hunts them. Nervous about the other avenues
 
Sir, if you think things look “sketchy” you can be assured they are. Mexico is not somewhere to screw with. Everything needs to be in order and everyone is expecting a cut. Lots of great hunts are to be had in Mexico, but when things of bad, they go real bad and from the sound of things, I would find something else to to.
 
I know there is such a sub-species of javelina, but I do know they exist south of the "alleged" US southern border- Mexico and southward.
 
Sir, if you think things look “sketchy” you can be assured they are. Mexico is not somewhere to screw with. Everything needs to be in order and everyone is expecting a cut. Lots of great hunts are to be had in Mexico, but when things of bad, they go real bad and from the sound of things, I would find something else to to.
Agreed! That’s why I’m asking if anyone has knowledge of a mainline outfitter that hunts them. Any suggestions would be appreciate
 
My advice, contact huntingconsurtium. They have the species listed. They are legit. Have not dealt with them myself but heard a lot of good about them. Mostly from this site
 
Check jim shockeys website, pretty sure he hunted them in South America afew years ago with a muzzleloader. I also have one of Craig Boddington DVD’s where he shot one in Argentina.-it is older but something worth checking out-they are definitely not the same as more common collared peccary/javelina. Mexico wouldn’t interest me much compared to South America.
D791A14A-F4CA-4307-9CE2-0745DEE202D0.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Scrolled to the bottom of the page and there is a recent ish ad on this site that lists them as well-AH.com-place of unlimited resources!
B95D1C24-5074-49DB-BE33-5B228D6486DB.png
 
White lipped peccary are legal to hunt in Argentina but the trophy not for export. I hunted Collard Peccary there last month and my outfitter told me he had an area in Santiago del Estero for White lipped.

B6B5315A-B997-4394-9635-229B43C09A68.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Definitly Argentina. Santiago Outfitters.
 
My dad is planning on moving to Tabasco, Mexico in the next couple years. If he does, I told him he needs to start a hunting outfit for peccaries and turkey.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,040
Members
169,481
Latest member
PhillisChi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top