White lipped peccary

Rob Bizzell

Reaction score
Has anyone hunted white lipped peccary in Mexico? The outfitters I have explored look a little sketchy. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

I've hunted javelina in Arizona for close to 30 years and never heard of a white lipped one, so I had to Google them.

They live in the jungles of Mexico and Central America

There are three subspecies, one of which may be extinct. The white lipped needs a CITIES permit to import. Landowners can shot 2 a year in Mexico, around Vera Cruz. I have yet to find a mainstream outfitter that hunts them. Nervous about the other avenues

Sir, if you think things look “sketchy” you can be assured they are. Mexico is not somewhere to screw with. Everything needs to be in order and everyone is expecting a cut. Lots of great hunts are to be had in Mexico, but when things of bad, they go real bad and from the sound of things, I would find something else to to.

I know there is such a sub-species of javelina, but I do know they exist south of the "alleged" US southern border- Mexico and southward.

Sir, if you think things look “sketchy” you can be assured they are. Mexico is not somewhere to screw with. Everything needs to be in order and everyone is expecting a cut. Lots of great hunts are to be had in Mexico, but when things of bad, they go real bad and from the sound of things, I would find something else to to.
Agreed! That’s why I’m asking if anyone has knowledge of a mainline outfitter that hunts them. Any suggestions would be appreciate

My advice, contact huntingconsurtium. They have the species listed. They are legit. Have not dealt with them myself but heard a lot of good about them. Mostly from this site

Thanks f
My advice, contact huntingconsurtium. They have the species listed. They are legit. Have not dealt with them myself but heard a lot of good about them. Mostly from this site
thanks for the direction!

Check jim shockeys website, pretty sure he hunted them in South America afew years ago with a muzzleloader. I also have one of Craig Boddington DVD’s where he shot one in Argentina.-it is older but something worth checking out-they are definitely not the same as more common collared peccary/javelina. Mexico wouldn’t interest me much compared to South America.
D791A14A-F4CA-4307-9CE2-0745DEE202D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Scrolled to the bottom of the page and there is a recent ish ad on this site that lists them as well-AH.com-place of unlimited resources!
B95D1C24-5074-49DB-BE33-5B228D6486DB.png

White lipped peccary are legal to hunt in Argentina but the trophy not for export. I hunted Collard Peccary there last month and my outfitter told me he had an area in Santiago del Estero for White lipped.

B6B5315A-B997-4394-9635-229B43C09A68.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitly Argentina. Santiago Outfitters.

My dad is planning on moving to Tabasco, Mexico in the next couple years. If he does, I told him he needs to start a hunting outfit for peccaries and turkey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,