Whisky appreciation

Me and another forum member DWB had Lagavulin 18 years for the first time on Friday night.
It was plenty good especially after a very good big rump steak we had.

Image1676305286.353138.jpg

Tried this on a trip to Lexington recently. An excellent bourbon IMO.

And you didn’t say hi???

Kidding, but glad you got to try some good bourbon while passing through.

+1 on @Backyardsniper recommendation for their Rye. It’s better than their bourbon.

Hmm, if that’s an invite, I’ll send you a PM next time I’m up!

I recently bought a cheese board made from a wine barrel section, nice idea as nothing rolls off. It had a hint of a great smell and I decided to accentuate it with a tot of Dalmore and coffee beans, too delicious an aromoma for words.
2AEA9DB4-5BCF-4A82-AB34-BA61F0348ADF.jpeg

Just cracked into a bottle of American Honey; AWESOME! Anyone who adulterates it with anything else (ice, water, ginger ale, coke etc.) needs their cojones removed; smooth, sweet!!

Ok, time for a new entry:

I went to two distilleries a week ago: Heaven Hill and Barton (1792). Well sorta. Barton is closed to visitors, so we hit up “My Old Kentucky Home” which offers 1792 tastings on the down low.

Both were awesome to visit, but the private tasting / old fashioned mixing put 1792 over Heaven Hill.

As for whiskies purchased, well I didn’t get bourbon because it was half off Scotch (whisky) at my whisky joint. These were my two selections:

B521B926-4590-4533-BC2A-92CCB4E24AA3.jpeg

4D7DDECC-2E68-4ED4-9DE5-984D79C2797A.jpeg

The Ardmore is reminiscent of a english pudding soaked in whisky (with a small peat note). The Bunnahabhain is a peat bomb that would kill the uninitiated.

I went to two distilleries a week ago: Heaven Hill and Barton (1792). Well sorta. Barton is closed to visitors, so we hit up “My Old Kentucky Home” which offers 1792 tastings on the down low.

Both were awesome to visit, but the private tasting / old fashioned mixing put 1792 over Heaven Hill.

As for whiskies purchased, well I didn’t get bourbon because it was half off Scotch (whisky) at my whisky joint. These were my two selections:

View attachment 551196

View attachment 551197

The Ardmore is reminiscent of a english pudding soaked in whisky (with a small peat note). The Bunnahabhain is a peat bomb that would kill the uninitiated.
Bunnahabhain is one of my favorites!

View attachment 551196

View attachment 551197

We did 1792 and Willett a few years ago while in Bardstown.

1792 was much more "industrial" because tours seemed to be an afterthought. I do remember the guide taking a sample of white dog directly from the proof box and passing it around. One sip will open the sinuses. There was an older Russian lady on the tour and she had no problem taking a big gulp of it!

Willett was more down home because it is a family-run operation.

not Weller full proof but does look inviting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!