Which scope rings for this mounts ?

SStomcat

Silver supporter
AH elite
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
1,936
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Asia/M.East
1
Hello - can someone tell me which scope rings will go on these factory installed mounts ? The rifle is a Winchester Model 70, 1992 made 338 magnum?
Also some scope suggested will be great.
Cheers
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    655.5 KB · Views: 93
Looks like a standard turn in Redfield/Leupold
Thanks, does the front base screws need to be loosened a bit for the standard turn rings to be twisted 90 deg?
 
Definitely needed a wrench or screwdriver to rotate front rings in place
 
At least mine needed quite a bit of torque, atleast mine one did, impossible to turn it by hand.
 
There's definitely better mount designs out there i.e.; Talley, weaver/picatinny
 
There's definitely better mount designs out there i.e.; Talley, weaver/picatinny
Thats what the Leupold rep said when I called. However I just went ahead with Leupold rings that I already had for standard turns.
Any experience with recoil effect on this setup will be helpful to know. Fits quite snug and tight so hoping will be OK but would like to know should anyone have any adverse results.
Cheers
 
I’ve had the rear rings let go from the base twice on a 308, ditched them and fitted weaver pic rail and rings, never had a problem since. I’ve heard of others complain about them and yet some swear by them
Gumpy

P.S. I suspect that the issue was one or both of those silly screw clamps came loose and allowed the scope to move causing the little nibs to shear.
 
I’ve had the rear rings let go from the base twice on a 308, ditched them and fitted weaver pic rail and rings, never had a problem since. I’ve heard of others complain about them and yet some swear by them
Gumpy
Yes, applying proper torque to the windage screwcould be an issue . However if torqued properly and checked intermittently it may be work. Probably there are better options but I just want to to preserve the original factory specs..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,532
Latest member
subsrotestheo1978
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top