Which one?

oscar1975

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hello friends, I know I going to say I'm crazy. You know that I bought a Weatherby Vanguard in 300 Weatherby but I soon sold it, first because 24 inch barrel for firing the cartridge did not convince me then is because I wanted to buy a shotgun skeet.

But now again I'm saving for a long-range rifle, and I thought about buying a rifle cartridge 300 RUM (Remington Ultra Magnum), which makes me doubt it is the rifle that I will choose, so I ask advice:

Remington 700 BDL-

-Remington SPS

-Remington Sendero

I await your answers. Thank you,

Ovny.

I want to say the .300 Win Mag, you don't need all that extra recoil. I think you can only buy the Sendero used, they discontinued the line...as far as I know. Nothing wrong with the Remington BDL, they have made enough of them. I still like control feed guns.

I want to say the .300 Win Mag, you don't need all that extra recoil. I think you can only buy the Sendero used, they discontinued the line...as far as I know. Nothing wrong with the Remington BDL, they have made enough of them. I still like control feed guns.

ive got a 300 rum in sps
26 inch barrel ,s/s , synthetic.
great gun and is fast becoming my first to grab gun , and replacing my 30.06
just have get less powerfull scope for it .

if l had the choice again I rekon l would of gone for the sendero
but as enysee said , they don't make em any more

Surely with the 300 Winchester would have enough, but I want some more, so opt for Weatherby and now I have the opportunity to choose again because I decided to try the RUM.

Thanks for everything,

モscar.

Actually own a Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag, it's unbelievable flat. I don't use it much but it has the potential to reach out to 500 yards without much adjustments.

Actually own a Sendero 7mm Ultra Mag, it's unbelievable flat. I don't use it much but it has the potential to reach out to 500 yards without much adjustments.

theres a fella at home that uses a 7mm rum in a sendero and shoost a 1000 metres regular .
1200 on a good day
drops deer where they are standing
at the moment hes tweaking up a 338 lapua.

swears by berger projectiles

I used a Sendero 300RUM for my last hunt with my grandaughter (14 at the time,) in Botswana we both shot it, she loved it with reduced loads, and shoots it great. I've had 300 win mags that just kicked the snot out of me. love the 300 RUM round, I have since put myself and the Sendero on a diet for the next hunt, the rifle is still a tack driver.

theres a fella at home that uses a 7mm rum in a sendero and shoost a 1000 metres regular .
1200 on a good day
drops deer where they are standing
at the moment hes tweaking up a 338 lapua.

swears by berger projectiles

Would not surprise me, Berger should work great at long range.

I had been thinking in the Lapua 338,but for the use I am going to give even the 300 RUM is more than enough. 7 RUM catches my attention,but I do not know the availability of the cartridge in my country. I keep saving and decide when the time comes. The 300 RUM is still my first choice.

Finally I bought an old Spanish manufacturing rifle with 24 "barrel length mark Santa Barbara 300 Winchester Magnum cartridge. Does it seem a good choice?. I have also put a visor Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40, what do you think this team to hunt in stalking mode with shots of 200-400 meters?

Oscar.

Finally I bought an old Spanish manufacturing rifle with 24 "barrel length mark Santa Barbara 300 Winchester Magnum cartridge. Does it seem a good choice?. I have also put a visor Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40, what do you think this team to hunt in stalking mode with shots of 200-400 meters?

Oscar.

I don't know anything about the rifle. But the caliber for those ranges will be just fine. Go with a 180gr bullet and you'll be getting 3000fps or close to it. You can sight the gun to be zero'd at 300 and you won't have to adjust much for 400 yards.

Go to a 165gr bullet and you'll be that much flatter. If the gun likes 168gr TTSX, you'll have a decent ballistic coefficient and a great long range shooter. Nosler Accubonds would be a good choice too.

Thank you very much for your reply. The rifle is a conventional weapon system Mauser 98 deportivizado, passive ejector. A sober weapon.

Óscar

rifle-santa-barbara.jpg

Attachments

• rifle-santa-barbara.jpg
    rifle-santa-barbara.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 165
Gillettehunter, if you want send me the urls of the websites. Sorry for my English is so bad.

Oscar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg