What TV hunting personality?

When I hunted in Cameroon last year there was a couple of guys from Africa in camp, they were saying Andy and Michelle had a parting of ways. I then noticed the last season or two of TIA, Michelle was not in any of the videos. Like you, I always thought they'd be a fun bunch to be around.
Dang.. I’m sorry to hear that. Looked like a blast

My wife has been enjoying the Nick's Wild Ride show and thinks he hunts ands travels like we do.
As for me, hell I don't know. I've never really liked anyone around me much when I'm hunting. Having my wife in camp at the end of the day has been very nice.

Marlin Perkins, “and here comes one now”! What ever happened to Jim?

Jim Fowler is busy in the pit wrestling with the crocodiles, so let's take a short break to talk insurance with our friends from Mutual of Omaha!

I have guided several. All were good folks. I would rate Will Primos near the top. When we were hunting moose, he was reciting scenes from our favorite movie, Jeremiah Johnson, all the time. Will was friendly and funny. He came up with funny nicknames for all of us. Unfortunately, the footage for the show was stolen out of his rental truck at a gas station near the Denver Airport when his cameraman left the doors unlocked when they both went inside the station! Someone grabbed their carryon bags and took off!

Does Marlin Perkins count?

If not, then Keith Warren. Always seemed like a solid guy.
Keith Warren had me on a couple of his shows back in the late 80’s or early 90’s. Only spent time with him then but he seemed like a good guy.

I’d love to hunt a hippopotamus bull on land with Mark Sullivan or an elephant bull with Jeff Rann.
Don’t care about hunting a hippo, but yes, an elephant with Jeff Rann is on my list.

I’d pass on hunting with tv personalities, I work in the hunting and shooting sports industry in the US and I don’t even know who half those people mentioned are.LOL

Does Marlin Perkins count?

If not, then Keith Warren. Always seemed like a solid guy.
+1 on Marlin Perkins, but Jim Fowler would have to be along for the hunt. From the same era - Grits Gresham would be high on my list.

I did a few episodes hunting exotics in Texas with Keith Warren back in the 90's. He was always a gentleman and enjoyable to hunt with. One memorable episode was with Bela Karolyi, the world renowned gymnastics coach hunting Scimitar Horned Oryx. Here is a photo I found on the web from the episode. Thats a much younger me in the background as Bela was about to shoot. Dave Fulson was the videographer, another fine gentleman hunter. It was an all-around great experience.

John Ed

Bela and Keith 1996.jpg

I don’t know if he counts or not but I’m thinking Fred Bear, I started as a bow hunter and (still do) and expanded in rifle, pistol and shotgun hunting, Grits Gresham would be another one, I met Babe Winkelman once and wouldn’t want to even share a boat with him. I would much rather hunt with people who can still find humor when things go to crap.

When I hunted in Cameroon last year there was a couple of guys from Africa in camp, they were saying Andy and Michelle had a parting of ways. I then noticed the last season or two of TIA, Michelle was not in any of the videos. Like you, I always thought they'd be a fun bunch to be around.
Andy and Michelle are brother and sister. Michelle married Chad the hunter that was on most of their shows and is now here in the states.

If memory serves.....

I’d pass on hunting with tv personalities, I work in the hunting and shooting sports industry in the US and I don’t even know who half those people mentioned are.LOL
My thoughts exactly. I have been in hunting camps with some of the tv personalities and found almost without exception they were a little full of themselves.

Tom Orr from mountain men , I don’t even need to hunt anything with him I could just spend an evening around a campfire listening to his stories and be happy.
I randomly sat down next to a couple bearded fellas at an airport bar when I was coming back from an Alaska hunting trip and we got to talking. One was Tom, the other was one of the Willow Bend trading post guys. I had never seen the show. Talked about brain tanning and what it was like filming. Nice guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky12K91

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double