Full body mounts

Like others, I have full mounts on the smaller animals and my leopard/bushbuck. My lion/bush pig is full. I really wanted to do a full body on my lord derby eland but just couldn’t stand the $14k to have it done. It’s not so much if I have the space today it’s what I might need space for in the future. Full body mounts are impressive!
 
My 2 Bighorns, a grizzly and mtn. goat are full body. I really like them if you have room. Just got my brown bear hide and skull back and haven't decided what to do with it yet.
 
I think John Ed has a couple. :-).

I just have a life-size bushbuck. I wish I had done life-size sable.
 
@wyosteve, If you have the space a life sized brown bear is awesome. They take up a bunch of space but when people come to my house that is always the mount that draws the most comments.
 
I have a few full body mounts with a bushpig to come. He’s a good ‘un but after that, no more…
 
I have a few full body mounts with a bushpig to come. He’s a good ‘un but after that, no more…

IMG_1916.png
IMG_1917.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How many have full body mounts of your African animals? I'm considering a full mount of a Kudu or Gemsbuck for my upcoming safari. I just find that you miss out on the side stripes of the Kudu and some of the coloring of the Gemsbuck with only doing pedistal/shoulder mounts.

Please share pictures of what you have.
While none yet hopefully my leopard in 2025 to complete my big 5 without a doubt will be a full body mount and my greatest treasures!!!
 
i have small full bodies caracal, porcupine, aardwolf, gennet cat, two monkeys, baboon, jackal, two crows, springhare, and they still take up a fair amount of space, If you have a large trophy room and the finances for the taxidermy and shipping, go for it.

Check out this site to get an idea on sizes. The Jackal/springhare are mine.

Would it possible to share the Genet pictures please? I am looking for an ideas for fill mount.
Kind regards
 
Nice game room display, thank you for sharing.
 
Not a full body, but a possibility to show off a kudu. A half at an angle. My nylala shows of the stripes and such but works better for my house. There is an amazing full body kudu in the Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla, Alaska, but I'm not heading that way soon to take a pic. Anyway, it's great, but it takes up a lot of real estate between that body size and horns.
 
Last edited:
Full body duiker looks like it’s walking through grass, pretty cool. Wall pedestal kudu takes up lots of room couldn’t image a full body
 
The more I look at these mounts the more I realize how large a Kudu actually is. I was thinking they were more the size of a whitetail deer than elk. Comments welcome.
 
Definitely closer to elk. Like young bull elk. Wikipedia has their weight in pounds in the mid 500s to nearly 700 pounds max and a big bull elk in the mid 700s tops. Bushbuck are more in the smaller whitetail deer range, nyala in line with larger whitetail.
 
I found the comparison chart on this site, I don't think I have room for a full body Kudu....that's a big animal!
Definitely closer to elk. Like young bull elk. Wikipedia has their weight in pounds in the mid 500s to nearly 700 pounds max and a big bull elk in the mid 700s tops. Bushbuck are more in the smaller whitetail deer range, nyala in line with larger whitetail.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,306
Latest member
darrickhoppe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top