What To Take In The Field

Discussion in 'Hunting Equipment, Gear & Optics' started by Aaron Nietfeld, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Joe P

Joe P AH Member

As others have said, make sure water is brought along if you are taking a walk. You never know when a situation might develop where chase has to be given and how long that will last. Usually it won't be required but it was for me more than once on my first safari. Also if you have a dog you want to make sure it can stay hydrated in case their services are needed.

2. Bushpig4Ever

Bushpig4Ever AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Custodians
    Hunted:
    Germany, Slovenia, Sardinia, England, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    Because of lack of knowledge? I travelled a couple of times between Switzerland and South Africa, always on Emirates via Dubai, this year again. Nothing is easier. Handed in the rifle at Cape Town resp. Zurich, that’s all. The people at Emirates are extremely friendly and helpful.

3. Vashper

Vashper AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Communication: radio or phone, Swiss officer knife, medical plaster for worn feet, matches, water. A scarf or shawl. Cash, paper / napkins, twine. Medicine for you.