What makes a good advertisement?

dobber

AH fanatic
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
541
Reaction score
1,033
Media
25
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Just trying to figure out what makes a good web page or magazine advert that catches your eye?
While on my last trip i found one that i had to take a picture of, and when i got back home i sent them an email asking if it was ok to post here.
So what tickles your fancy when browsing magazines or web pages? Promises of big monster animals, camp pictures, scenic shots of the area?
(btw for anyone who hasn't been to Africa yet, this too is part of the sickness we return visitors have been struck with)
 
Hi Dobber. What did you like about the picture you mention?

I’m generally drawn to authenticity or pics with a story behind them. Even though I’m a South African / Namibian meat hunter, I love classic Safari pics. I guess I’m an old man at heart.

Imagine what your audience would like.

Being from Africa, I love what Filson is currently doing with their ranch life and fishing camp stories in the US. To my eye that looks like classic, authentic slice of life and probably my equivalent to an overseas “safari”.

Maybe it’s the same for overseas visitors looking at Africa? A frame of reference that is Selby and Ruark?
 
For me its pictures of the terrain and people hunting in it. There was one outfitter who has a huge area but the picture has a power line visible and that turned me off for some reason.
 
Below is the add that caught my eye and got me thinking about how outfitters advertise
Take Aim advert.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,930
Members
169,650
Latest member
CyrilJudy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top