What do you think of the new Rigby Shikari?

Mate she is a champion . Has put up with me for 37 years . And a really good rifle shot too !
@PCC600
@RandyF has a head like a spark plug does that make him a Champion. He is a really nice fella maybe you could adopt him so he could borrow you new toy sometimes.
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@RandyF
You have a very high class of friends mate. You have ME I'm a University graduate with 2 degrees. That's a high class compared to a 6th grader.
I'm educated and civilised ( I drink beer out of a bottle I open with a bottle opener not my teeth).
I own a 35 Whelen now that's class and I drive a 1997 Nissan 4x4, more class.
So as you can see you have some real classy friends mate
Bob

Bob,

What if Rigby found a way to make the Shikari in 35 Whelen....would you buy it then? LOL

Bob,

What if Rigby found a way to make the Shikari in 35 Whelen....would you buy it then? LOL
@Houston Bill
Still out of my price range. My Savage Whelen is light ot accurate and cost me $1,100 Audand will kill game just as dead.
Bob

Reactions: IvW
Thanks a lot yall! Once you handle one of those and speak to the gunsmiths that make them it's all over. What a dream to travel to London to be fitted personally for a classic double rifle. Maybe some day

Thanks a lot yall! Once you handle one of those and speak to the gunsmiths that make them it's all over. What a dream to travel to London to be fitted personally for a classic double rifle. Maybe some day
Yep, made it a week long family trip with my mom and partner last July. On the day I got fitted for the rifle they went to see the Crown Jewels at Tower of London.

Had a look and play with it on the rigby stand while chatting to Marc....its very nice..balance looks ...would get if i had the spare cash now.. .think he said 2.5 year wait list for it and 5 years for rising bite double....had a play with the lightweight rifle in 350 as well....to me nice rifle and look forward to seeing the different options....he told me they also revamping the big game...so some good stuff to look forward to for rigby aficionados

I stopped by the Booth and talked with Jerome. He had the prototype that you could handle. and the balance and wood/metal fit is what you would expect from Rigby. As a friend said that Heym is an exceptional modern German double built like a English double. However Rigby is an exceptional English double that doesn't have anything not needed. And when I closed my eyes and mounted the double to my shoulder there is a difference.

A simple question is the Shikari a better, stronger & more reliable than the 89b Heym or are you paying the extra money for a name?
To me they are not comparable. Heym has a stellar reputation for function and sturdiness.

However any that could compare in looks have been close the Rigby price. And it is still not a Rigby nor English.

To me the Rigby is well worth considering:)

Had a look and play with it on the rigby stand while chatting to Marc....its very nice..balance looks ...would get if i had the spare cash now.. .think he said 2.5 year wait list for it and 5 years for rising bite double....had a play with the lightweight rifle in 350 as well....to me nice rifle and look forward to seeing the different options....he told me they also revamping the big game...so some good stuff to look forward to for rigby aficionados
Agree, and after playing with it, I would buy the lightweight in .375 whenever its nose slips out from under the tent.

Like a British double, they simply look or share appearance .. It may be a great deal, for what it is.
That GBP exchange rate sure doesn't take long to catch up though ..

Short of expensive taste, I honestly don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to bespoke quality.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.