Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
I have Courteney Safaris, the latest ones with the higher toe section, but it doesn't stop there. Straight to the podiatrist for a pair of custom inserts, she even designed a little raiser to relieve the arthritis in my left big toe joint. Add some thick bamboo socks and I am ready for a good day's trek.

Same exact as mine. Bottom line, short of a specialized safari, most of us "dudes" can use whatever boots we find comfortable for light hiking here at home.

1288323A-B33B-4D06-8A6B-0BB9E3E2583A.jpeg

Ngonyama

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Bushbuck,kudu,blesbok,Impala,fallowdear,bush pig,baboon,Montain Reebok.
Jim Green razorback .You have to wear them in really well ,built solid .I have put mine through hell ,really impressed

Rick HOlbert

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
plains game
Howdy folks.

Just a question about footwear. I have a hunt booked in South Africa, taking place late December. It will be very hot, and of all my gear, I am most concerned with footwear.

Can anyone recommend a particular boot? I think something light, breathable, and water resistant. With good support of course.

I can forget a few items, I can bring a few wrong items, but if I bring the wrong boots, I may really regret it.

Any help would be appreciated. Also I am in Canada, and would like to try them on, so please recommend boots available in North America.

Regards
Ryan.

Oh, what about socks?
Well sir, what I've used on several hunts is the Courtney Selous. A bit pricey to be sure but worth every penney. All day comfy and will keep those Thors out of your feet. When I'm not hunting they are my every day foot wear. I also recommend a set of gaiters. will keep seeds and such from getting into your foot wear. Socks? Mid weight wool is the ticket. The low cut version as I hunt in shorts and anything taller tends to catch low thorn bush branches. Main thing is break them in BEFORE the hunt! The final choice is yours but your feet will let you know if that choice was the wrong one. Best of luck on your hunt.

Pondoro

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
Some older british mil. tropical boots..

Racinjason

AH member
Reaction score
If you are stalking and want to remain quiet... The Vibram Five Fingers
5 toes.jpg

If you don't have to be quiet, then I recommend the Kenetrek "Safari" boot. I have two different pairs of Kenetrek's and absolutely love them.
kenetrek-hk-safari-30803279380662.jpg

Tom Leoni

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
What rifle is that Tom?

Hi, Kevin--that's my 1925 H&H single-shot (Webley action) in .375 Flanged Magnum. It will accompany me again to ZA this coming June, together with an 1896 Watson Brothers Martini in .303.

MarkB

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NFA, SCI, DU, CCFR, BCWF, African Gazete
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SA, Namibia, BC, AB, Ont
Combat boots I kept from Mob. Comfy after so many miles marched, waterproof, and have always worked. Aggressive tread not as quiet as specific safari boots but I use here in BC for spring bear so multi purpose fits budget.

MB

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
I’ve been rocking this same pair of boots made by the Tarzan boot company in South Africa since 2003. Very inexpensive. Super quiet for stalking. High enough so you don’t need gaiters. Well made. I don’t think they are sold outside of RSA. View attachment 466329
Shorter version of the Waxie combat boot....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phonglt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Member: NRA Life

Hunt: Alaska-Canada-NM
geoff rath wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
G'day Bob,
Just had a yarn with A G, and he has filled me in on how much work he puts in to such developments, referencing QuikLoad, tightening tolerances, load development, range testing. He indicated that of you wish to contact him directly he can go into details far better than I.
If you wish , contact him directly, he has given the OK for me to pass that on.
Hunt: Alaska, Canada, Mexico and USA: particularly the Western states.
Hi,
Going through and old thread I see you mentioned having a William Douglas double in 470NE for sale. Just touching base to see if you sold the rifle, or if it was still for sale?
Regards,
Chris
(Wollongong, NSW)
Hi Chris
Yes, I still have it
Cheers
Steve
Erin Lockwood wrote on Laurine88's profile.
Hi again do you think you could message me your email or some other way to contact you, I've been having error messages trying to send messages via private conversations to you since last night, sorry!