Well I've Done It Now!!! (Joining The R8 Cult)

@TOBY458 nice rifle bro. I have seen your kitchen soo many times I think I will know my way around it if I ever visit. I feel a 500j barrel in the future may be heading your way.
Not too sure about a 500 J. But a 404 J doesn't sound bad...

Not too sure about a 500 J. But a 404 J doesn't sound bad...
go for a 458 lott barrel ab few more grains always helps

Well....ever since selling my R8 Professional in 375 H&H and 7mm Rem Mag to @BeeMaa, I kept second guessing my decision. So, since I have always admired the R8 Luxus and Jaeger, with the wooden stock, I couldn't resist this one. It's unfired with only a few very minor safe dings on the stock. Has a beautiful stock with a classic pancake cheekpiece. The kickstop in the stock makes it a bit heavier than I like, but I plan to remove that asap. Overall a beautiful rifle!

View attachment 394830View attachment 394831
I saw the photos first before reading and my first thought was “I wonder how much longer before he sells the other R8 and how much less sales tax I could have paid if I bought it from you instead of buying mine at the gun shop.” But then I read you sold it already. I think you need a ruger mini-14 ranch rifle blued and wood stock next. I think I’d like to own one about July this year Lol.

I took the kick stop out this evening. It weighs 16oz exactly. So now the bare rifle weighs 8lbs 4oz. Somewhat heavier than the Professional I had, but still not too heavy. With a small scope and the Blaser saddle mount I should be able to keep it close to 9lbs, if not over just a bit.

@TOBY458 and I have done some measurements, comparing his semi-weight (19mm) channeled wood stocked Jaeger to my wife's safari weight (22mm) channeled wood stocked Intuition. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. They are off by about .050" with the safari channel being just that much larger. It is enough that a safari barrel in a semi-weight channel would be touching the stock.

From the looks of things, the extra material could be hand sanded out to accommodate a safari barrel. However if you then wish to use a standard weight barrel the gap between the stock and barrel would be that much more.

The choice is yours, but now we know that there is a significant (however slight) difference in the barrel channel from semi-weight to safari.

The extra space (.059”) is an additional barrel “ cooling” vent! :A Thumbs Up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross