We are taking my Dad on his FIRST African Safari!!!

Just Gina

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Lifetime NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Oklahoma, Kansas, Minnesota, Texas, Spain
I am so excited!! Not only will this be his first safari, it will be his first trip outside the US!
My Dad has been a life long hunter. I remember him traveling to Colorado every year with his hunting buddies to go hunting. He is the person who explained and made me understand why, at such a young age, why Bambi’s mother was killed. He taught me about conservation and why hunting was important and healthy. Where I come from, Dads did not take their daughters hunting. It just was not done. I am thankful that he taught my son about hunting and conservation. My son killed his first buck when he was eight years old with my Dad. He taught my son how to do all the important things about hunting and fishing and conservation.

My dad is 70 years old. He still works full time. He is a machinist. He runs four manual machines in the machine shop he works in. God made my Dad tough as nails. I remember well when I was 7 years old, my dad was saddle breaking a horse and the horse fell on my dad. He suffered a compound fracture. His foot his still attached thanks to metal plates and screws.

He has had back surgeries and his neck is fused, however, he can work circles around men less than half his age! When he was out for neck surgery, it took 4 men to do the job that my dad does solitary, on a daily basis.
My Dad has committed to retirement in 2024. As a retirement gift, Bob ( @ActionBob) and I are taking him to Africa!!!!

We gifted him with the perfect shot II book. As of now, he is quite interested in a Cape buffalo, blue wildebeest, and impala. He is so excited and I cannot get over how excited I am to just go on this adventure with him and watch him hunt in Africa! He said, “Gosh, I just never thought I would ever get to go hunt in Africa.” He has hunted since he was old enough to do so.

We are going in 2024! He already sent off for his passport! I am looking forward to sharing our hunt report with all of you here on AH! How fortunate I am to get to take my Dad to Africa. @ActionBob and my dad share the same name. I get to go to Africa with my two favorite Bobs!! :love:

Updates to come on our progress. I am beyond excited!!!!

Last edited:
This is going to be a blast! We are all three going to be hunting. Gina is planning some unique critters for herself;) I'm hoping to finish out my night critter and possibly South Africa portion of the Tiny Ten :)

If opportunities are there we may all hunt buffalo but for me it would likely be with a special gun. Gina has her own special guns to choose from and definitely needs to hunt buffalo as well!

Thinking of adding a coule side trips, maybe some Tiger Fishing!

The planning has begun in earnest;)

Here’s to a great trip Gina! :D Beers:

Hope your dad has the best time.:P Elmer Fudd:
Thank you!!! I feel so blessed that I get to take my Dad on the hunt of his life!

Wonderful! Time with family and friends is the magical outcome of hunting. This will be a real blessing!
Indeed, Good Sir, Indeed!

What a wonderful trip you will all have. Reading this makes me think of so many fond memories of my dad. We lost him in '21. He taught me to hunt and about the outdoors. He always spoke of going on far away adventures to hunt, but never quite made it happen.
Go and enjoy every minute. Just the thought of this makes me smile.
Jody

Good on you both. My father was a college professor before heads of department and the like made any money. We fished together the whole time I was growing up and as long as I can remember he talked about catching a rainbow trout. He was gone long before I had the resources to do anything about it. So very happy for you.

Last edited:
What a wonderful gift! I would have loved to get my dad over to hunt but just couldn't get him on a plane for that long.
I hope yall cherish every minute of the hunt with him as he is in for a real treat!

What a wonderful trip you will all have. Reading this makes me think of so many fond memories of my dad. We lost him in '21. He taught me to hunt and about the outdoors. He always spoke of going on far away adventures to hunt, but never quite made it happen.
Go and enjoy every minute. Just the thought of this makes me smile.
Jody
@Racer00
Jody, thank you!
I feel extremely blessed to be able to share this adventure with my Dad! I remember well him saying, “I guess I should have taken you hunting when you were a kid.”
It is all good. I know well how blessed I am to have this opportunity! I am hoping and praying all goes well between now and then and he has the hunt of his life! :love:

What a wonderful gift! I would have loved to get my dad over to hunt but just couldn't get him on a plane for that long.
I hope yall cherish every minute of the hunt with him as he is in for a real treat!
We are planning to spring for first class to make it more enjoyable;)

Seeing you both this excited about a trip is a pleasure to witness.
Hell of a gift for you all to share.
I look forward to the report on the entire adventure.

:K Love Eyes:Here’s to a great trip Gina! :D Beers:

Hope your dad has the best time.:P Elmer Fudd:
Thank you so much! I cannot get over how absolutely excited I am to get to share this adventure with my Dad! God willing, it will be the hunt of his life!

I love it! Never enough time can be spent with your parents. My Dad spent time in Africa in the military and had no desire to go there to hunt with me. He couldn’t understand why I love it there. Wish he would have went just once with me! Enjoy that trip like it is your last!

I love it! Never enough time can be spent with your parents. My Dad spent time in Africa in the military and had no desire to go there to hunt with me. He couldn’t understand why I love it there. Wish he would have went just once with me! Enjoy that trip like it is your last!
@Bullthrower338
Thank You, Cody! Icing on the cake would be if you could go with. Dad is quite fond of you from the time he spent with you at our wedding.
I am so excited!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamisonNes

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you