Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Crazy warthog charge shared by one of our PH's on their FB page. If you think they are not dangerous, think again!

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s crazy. I wonder if things would have been different had he been on a dangerous game hunt and mentally prepared for a charge? Seems like it startled him when he had second to pull trigger.

Yeah my SA PH work mate sent me that one, nice but should not have happened, I have stuck a few Warthog Boars & it is hard work in that thorn country, use the Hi Power now more as I'm getting old & maybe a bit slower ! lol

Seems like the dog was in the way, and looks like the hunter is unconscious. Any more details about this hunt, and is the hunter ok? Wow!!!!!

Para you posed my same question. Seems the video was edited to have a cut just before the shot and make me suspect the pig worked the Hunter over pretty good prior to the finishing shot. He seemed to being dazed or fully unconscious. Hope he faired on.

Yeah that dude looked like he was out cold !
Not something you think of happening !

Crazy warthog charge shared by one of our PH's on their FB page. If you think they are not dangerous, think again!

@firehuntfish
In Australia we have a very respected gun writer and hunter Col Alison that has hunted world wide. On his last trip to Africa a so called friendly house warthog decided to attack Col. End result dead warthog but a long time in hospital being stitched up and pumped full of antibiotics to aid recovery. Repatriation back to Australia and a lot longer to get back to normal. He was very lucky it didn't kill him.
I have been charged by feral pigs when they have been cornered. Fortunately a short barreled 12 gauge SXS loaded with buckshot puts a quick end to the problem.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg