alimufti

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Pakistan Safari Club, Pakistan Game Fish Association, International Game Fish Association
Hunted
South Africa, British Isles, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya, croatia
I am wondering about the cost and trophy quality for the following species

sable
kudu
bushbuck
reedbuck
tsessebe
impala
other plainsgame

Having been on a number of hunts in za i was thinking of Zimbabwe due to wilder country and better trophys?
Thus was considering a 10-12 day hunt in Zimbabwe on a limited budget.

please advise
Ali

Hi Ali,
I hunted Zimbabwe for the first time last year with Mokore Safaris. It was excellent from start to finish and I have re-booked with them for next year in their Coutada 9 concession in Mozambique.
We hunted Sengwa Research area for Tuskless Elephant and Plains Game. The trophy quality for plains game was superb and the area is also home to A LOT of elephant, as well as Cape Buffalo, Lion and Leopard.
The camp is set up in a traditional east africa style safari tent fashion and is very comfortable, the food is fantastic and leopard sawing outside the tent at night adds to a very wild atmosphere.
PG quality and quantity is truly excellent for Kudu, Bushbuck (Chobe), Common Reedbuck, Waterbuck, Eland (Livingstone) amd Impala. I was fortunate enough to take a 16 1/4” bushbuck and a 56” kudu while hunting there. Sengwa is also home to some huge impala rams and waterbuck bulls. In the past 2 years there have been two waterbuck in excess of 33” taken from Sengwa.
Regarding day rates and trophy fees, as a general statement I think you will probably pay a little more on day rates compared to SA. Trophy fees are generally a little lower. Premium areas such as Sengwa, Save Valley, etc are also likely to come with a bit of a premium price tag. You get what you pay for.
In addition to the PG animals mentioned above, there are also Hyena, Warthog, Sharpe’s Grysbok, Duiker and Zebra.

I hope this info is helpful. I would recommend Mokore without hesitation. You can contact mokore through their website http://mokoresafaris.com/
Or Doug Duckworth via email at: dougduckworth@mokore.com

Here are a few pics from Sengwa
F358A182-43EB-4602-9B2F-3A64CF863DC7.jpeg

E4FE2824-D3DE-4870-9917-A8DD51C7C6AB.jpeg

3FD23968-DE3F-4218-A509-808FB1B539E9.jpeg

CAD5CD09-65AA-4D54-9DFA-82C588191711.jpeg

1B34A1B6-CBB0-43FA-BC6E-D7FDD94E4305.jpeg

697E79E4-8BC5-41F7-9906-0349E0CAC74B.jpeg

1E9A8003-81C6-42FB-8D4F-C11DE4DA9787.jpeg

Hello Ali,

I cannot agree with what IdaRam already said sir. I would say that if you go to the right area in Zimbabwe you will definitely be able to hunt top quality trophies sir. One thing on top areas is that they are quite expensive in comparison with a similar safari in South Africa or Namibia but one thing you don't want to do is not do your research properly. If you hunt the wrong area in open free range countries you may not see anything the whole safari. 1

It is different kind of hunting and if you are in the right area you will enjoy it very much. Please feel free to send me any questions you might have regarding the planning of such a safari, I will be more than happy to help you.

All my best,

Ali,
I have also hunted with the Duckworth’s of Mokore Safaris and can highly recommend them. Their Moz C9 concession is heavily populated with the plains game species you are after. Great operation and great camp with reasonable prices for open concession hunting. Send me a PM if you want more info.

Speaking of what has been mentioned above, do we have on forum any (negative) feedback reports from hunters, coming back after safari in open areas? Like, not collecting all animals on wish list, or similar?

Hello Ali,

I cannot agree with what IdaRam already said sir. I would say that if you go to the right area in Zimbabwe you will definitely be able to hunt top quality trophies sir. One thing on top areas is that they are quite expensive in comparison with a similar safari in South Africa or Namibia but one thing you don't want to do is not do your research properly. If you hunt the wrong area in open free range countries you may not see anything the whole safari. 1

It is different kind of hunting and if you are in the right area you will enjoy it very much. Please feel free to send me any questions you might have regarding the planning of such a safari, I will be more than happy to help you.

All my best,
Hi Jacques! I hope you had a great visit to the states this year.
I read your post a couple of times wondering what I missed. It seemed we were saying the same thing. And then it dawned on me, by golly I think we are!
“I cannot agree with what IdaRam already said sir”. Possibly you meant to say dis(agree)?
You dissing me bro? :D

Hi Jacques! I hope you had a great visit to the states this year.
I read your post a couple of times wondering what I missed. It seemed we were saying the same thing. And then it dawned on me, by golly I think we are!
“I cannot agree with what IdaRam already said sir”. Possibly you meant to say dis(agree)?
You dissing me bro? :D

Hello my friend,

Good hearing from you as well. I always love visiting with all our forum members and obviously my friends that has hunted with me in the past and the future..... You are right and I apologize, I had so much going on in the office today I did not think that one through and a little direct translation from Afrikaans to English did not really help.....haha

I was meaning to say "I cannot agree more with what Idaram said "..... Meaning I completely agree with you!

Thank you for correcting me there and I hope you can still be my friend after all..... ;)

Hello my friend,

Good hearing from you as well. I always love visiting with all our forum members and obviously my friends that has hunted with me in the past and the future..... You are right and I apologize, I had so much going on in the office today I did not think that one through and a little direct translation from Afrikaans to English did not really help.....haha

I was meaning to say "I cannot agree more with what Idaram said "..... Meaning I completely agree with you!

Thank you for correcting me there and I hope you can still be my friend after all..... ;)
You see! I am learning to think in Afrikaans. God help me! :D
I say we just blame @PHOENIX PHIL and tell him the drinks are on him
:D Beers:

Great minds think a like my friend..... I completely AGREE! haha

If you get to where you think dodging donkeys on dark roads in the middle of nowhere at a high rate of speed is fun........seek professional help is all I can say.

If you get to where you think dodging donkeys on dark roads in the middle of nowhere at a high rate of speed is fun........seek professional help is all I can say.
Lol! I have ridden with enough PH’s to know that driving is the true “Dangerous Game”! Maybe I will get to hear this tale of adventure first hand one of these days :D
Certainly it must be only one of many...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!