Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Touched by the hand of God
Hunted
USA, RSA , Canada
Hi All,
Been crazy being locked away. I am an outdoor writer working on my next book. I have been trying to do this for some time. I would like to do the first part with a bow. Also age is catching up with me so please note old legs. I can shoot well and cast a fly with the best of them.

warmest regards-Jerry

Well only macnab we have done was bushbuck...croc...and francolin ...slightly different
How about Bushbuck, Bream and Guinea fowl?
:P Robin Hood::P Fisherman::W Shotgun:

I think he is after the Royal Macnab in South Africa as was offered by Bayly Sippel Safaris ?

Mt Reedbuck or Vaalie - Greywing Francolin (looks a bit like Grouse) & a Trout ?

Many Outfits offer a Macnab of some sort, I missed my bloody Ptarmigan in Greenland so was out of luck on Greenland Macnab of Muskox - Cod (Ice fishing) & Ptarmigan .

The outfit I worked for in NZ had the Big Three of Stag - Trout & Marlin that pulled a few for a while !

By the heading alone, I thought that this was some sort of drink....offered by, say, The Raffles. Or The Kenya Club. By context I see that it is not. Is it then, simply taking a land critter, a bird and a fish? During how long a time frame? On one safari?. One day?.......best of luck getting the Royal McNab of your dreams........................FWB

I love this post. Watching.

A McNab I believe traditionally was that you go shoot a deer/stag and a grouse/partridge, using those two components to make a fly to catch a trout/salmon. You have a single day.

On your marks, get set....

By the heading alone, I thought that this was some sort of drink....offered by, say, The Raffles. Or The Kenya Club. By context I see that it is not. Is it then, simply taking a land critter, a bird and a fish? During how long a time frame? On one safari?. One day?.......best of luck getting the Royal McNab of your dreams........................FWB
And here I thought it had something to do with @Royal27. Maybe it still does:A Yell:

Update for humor:

I just did some perusing of the British sites and the origin was poaching a grouse, stag, and salmon from the estate on the same day. Upgrading it to a “Royal McNab” involved poaching the lord of the manor’s daughter as well. -Brits and their humor.

I guess it originated from a novel where three men wrote a letter to the lord of the manor informing him of their intention to poach him in this manner and the threesome signed the letter “John McNab”. One poached fish while the other two eluded the gamekeepers and so on.

It’s a funny story and a helluva claim to get feather, fur, and fin all in a 24 hour period!

I also see there is a Macafrican: A brace of sandgrouse, an impala and a tigerfish in one day.

On a actual Macnab Challenge site they have many others, one Macvermin: An impressive rat, a chalkstream pike and a brace of magpies in the bag lol.

Hi All,
Been crazy being locked away. I am an outdoor writer working on my next book. I have been trying to do this for some time. I would like to do the first part with a bow. Also age is catching up with me so please note old legs. I can shoot well and cast a fly with the best of them.

warmest regards-Jerry
Hi @zenbear we believe we offer what you may be looking for? We will send you a message so long and hopefully we can arrange something for the near future?

Here is our post:

Kindest regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Rook..........I mentioned your research to a neighbor who is a recent (10years) immigrant from the UK. He is an avid sportsman, and he was familiar with the aforementioned challenge. He says that the "Royal McNab" does indeed entail 1. a stag, 2. a grouse, 3. a salmon, and 4. the Lord's daughter (or niece/wife). He says there is a Scottish version that substitutes a sheep for the stag............................FWB

Rook..........I mentioned your research to a neighbor who is a recent (10years) immigrant from the UK. He is an avid sportsman, and he was familiar with the aforementioned challenge. He says that the "Royal McNab" does indeed entail 1. a stag, 2. a grouse, 3. a salmon, and 4. the Lord's daughter (or niece/wife). He says there is a Scottish version that substitutes a sheep for the stag............................FWB

Thanks @flatwater bill . In that case, outfitters, be advised that you can advertise a McNab on Africa Hunting but I believe you can only advertise a Royal McNab within the city limits of Las Vegas.

I think he is after the Royal Macnab in South Africa as was offered by Bayly Sippel Safaris ?

Mt Reedbuck or Vaalie - Greywing Francolin (looks a bit like Grouse) & a Trout ?

Many Outfits offer a Macnab of some sort, I missed my bloody Ptarmigan in Greenland so was out of luck on Greenland Macnab of Muskox - Cod (Ice fishing) & Ptarmigan .

The outfit I worked for in NZ had the Big Three of Stag - Trout & Marlin that pulled a few for a while !

Thanks for the recommendation @Sarg!

I'm pretty sure he said "stag" but I don't hear too well anymore.......FWB

Jerry I can definitely help you with this. You have a choice of a ton of different big game animals both free range or high fenced, fishing, and upland birds. Late October early November would be a great time as the bulk of the seasons are open but it generally hasn’t gotten cold enough to shut the fishing down. We have private lakes as well as a natural spring fed creek to fish in. For birds you can do wild quail or released pheasant, quail, or chukkar.
We can attempt it as a hunt for a trophy animal or a cull animal whichever you would like. I will have a bunch of mule deer doe tags which make for a very fun free range spot and stalk hunt with archery equipment.

I’ve also got the ability to provide Red Deer Stag or hinds on this hunt. I would definitely recommend trying to get the red deer down on a morning before trying for the others for “record”. Of course if the red deer doesn’t happen one can always “practice” fishing and wing shooting the rest of the day until you can score on a red deer first thing on another morning

Royal McNab, eh?

I quite fancy one of those as well.

Stag, Brace of grouse, salmon, laird's daughter.

I know of one estate where I might have an 'in' with the daughter, but I've always been crap at salmon fishing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois