Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, 33 US states and counting
I was cleaning up some stuff and found a bunch of 9.3 premium bullets in my storage today. I was going to list them for sale but maybe I will just shoot them...but I don't have a 9.3 rifle! Any interesting 9.3x74r rifles available like a Ruger #1 or other stalking type rifles? Would also be open to interesting 9.3x62 (or 64) sporter bolt guns. Curious to see what's available out there. A 9.3 double is tempting but these bullets are all 300-320 grains so they probably wouldn't regulate well in a double.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I love #1's and quality single shot rifles in general. I will pass this time on your #1 but still open to seeing what's available, including your bolt gun.

@Green Chile Well when I mentioned to my much better half that I might sell one of my 3 9.3x62 bolt guns. She said no that i only had 2 as the other was her's and how soon would I have her rifle properly fit to her? So looks like mine won't be an option for you. Best of luck on your search.

I was cleaning up some stuff and found a bunch of 9.3 premium bullets in my storage today. I was going to list them for sale but maybe I will just shoot them...but I don't have a 9.3 rifle! Any interesting 9.3x74r rifles available like a Ruger #1 or other stalking type rifles? Would also be open to interesting 9.3x62 (or 64) sporter bolt guns. Curious to see what's available out there. A 9.3 double is tempting but these bullets are all 300-320 grains so they probably wouldn't regulate well in a double.
I haven’t seen any 300 of heavier bullets for 9.3. I have a 9.3x74r double. It’s regulated with Hornady 285gr bullets. I have shot some of the cheap Privi Partizan Ammo And it’s close enough to practice with.

You don't see a lot of the heavier 9.3 but it's around.

IMG_1659.JPG

I am a big fan of the 9.3x64 cartridge and first had a rifle that was built in 1974 and that shot very accurate above all the factory load with the 19g TUG bullet from RWS.

At the moment I have a rare Mannlicher-Schoenauer Modell GK caliber 9,3x64 from the sixties that shoots some bullets with good accuracy, but not the heavy 320gr PP bullets from Woodleigh.

It is therefore not always certain whether the bullets that are still available can be used.

@Daven22s I have worked up loads in my 9.3 double for the 300gr Swift and 300 gr hornaday solids that shot great in my rifle. But wasn't able to get the 320gr woodleigh's to shoot well in my double. So the 320's are shot in my 9.3x62 bolt action.

You won't find any factory load that I know of for the 300 or 320's, it is a handload option only as far as I know.

The 300's and 320's in the 9.3 are like the 350's in the 375...super heavies that help the gun punch up into a higher weight class. The 9.3 and 375 basically can cover every category except heavy stopping rifles.

@Daven22s I have worked up loads in my 9.3 double for the 300gr Swift and 300 gr hornaday solids that shot great in my rifle. But wasn't able to get the 320gr woodleigh's to shoot well in my double. So the 320's are shot in my 9.3x62 bolt action.

You won't find any factory load that I know of for the 300 or 320's, it is a handload option only as far as I know.

Doubletap Ammo used to sell 320 gr loaded ammo. I bought a couple boxes of 320gr Woodleigh Weldcore about a year ago.

Looks like they still show it on their website, though it's out of stock/sold out.

@Green Chile
You must be related to @CoElkHunter because he had all the gear for a 25-06 but no rifle so he bought a rifle to go with it all. He is now enjoying all the benefits of a fast 25. I home you get to experience all the benefits of the 9.3. It's a great round. Only thing is it's not a 35 Whelen but hey close enough.
Bob

Still looking. Have seen some basic CZ's, etc.

If it is in your budget, the highland stalker is absolutely incredible in 9.3x62. The rifle is absolutely the perfect size and weight for the cartridge. I will never part with ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!